PS5 won’t turn on

Scootsie

Striker
Anyone had any issues with their PS5 not responding?

I’ve looked on all the forums which suggest to do the obvious, holding the power button for 15 seconds etc. but nowt has worked.

Just wondered if anyone else had had any bother with theirs.

Last edited:

Anyone had any issues with their PS5 not responding?

I’ve looked on all the forums which suggest to do the obvious, holding the power button for 15 seconds etc. but nowt has worked.

Just wondered if anyone else had had any bother with theirs.
Have you got the digital or disc version mate? I had a problem ages ago with my disc version. I force fed it a disc and it suddenly came back to life and I've had no bother since.

Have you got the digital or disc version mate? I had a problem ages ago with my disc version. I force fed it a disc and it suddenly came back to life and I've had no bother since.

Digital.

I spoke to Sony and they reckon it’s either overheated, or a power cut is to blame. I find both hard to believe.

They want £240 to fix it because it’s out of warranty and I can’t find my receipt.

Digital.

I spoke to Sony and they reckon it’s either overheated, or a power cut is to blame. I find both hard to believe.

They want £240 to fix it because it’s out of warranty and I can’t find my receipt.
FFS! Don't suppose you have a PS4 or even 3 where you could try a different power lead? Have you tried it in a different plug socket? Have you had a go at putting it in safe mode? Safe Mode on PS5 consoles and PS4 consoles

Digital.

You’re covered by law don’t worry about their fake 12 month crack.

“Sale of Goods Act 1979. Under this act, consumers in the UK have the statutory right to expect products which are of “satisfactory quality and fit for purpose”. It enables us to request a repair, replacement or even a refund at any time, bearing in mind the price you have paid and the expected lifetime of the product. In many cases, this may be longer than two years and could be anything up to six.”

You’re covered by law don’t worry about their fake 12 month crack.

“Sale of Goods Act 1979. Under this act, consumers in the UK have the statutory right to expect products which are of “satisfactory quality and fit for purpose”. It enables us to request a repair, replacement or even a refund at any time, bearing in mind the price you have paid and the expected lifetime of the product. In many cases, this may be longer than two years and could be anything up to six.”

How would I go about that mate?

I’m clueless when it comes to these things.

How would I go about that mate?

I’m clueless when it comes to these things.

Where did you buy it from? The onus is on the retailer and not the manufacturer. So if you bought from currys for example, complain to them.

Have a ready of this for example:

Basically a product should be fit for purpose and that means it should last more than a year. Manufacturers try and push back, but you have a contract of sale with the retailer and they have to stick to the law.m
They’ll always try push back, stand you r ground and you’ll get sorted.

Another thread to have a read:

Also, did tho pay by credit card? Even a deposit? If so you are covered by your credit card company, so call them as well.

Also, did tho pay by credit card? Even a deposit? If so you are covered by your credit card company, so call them as well.
Section 75 of the consumer credit act iirc. CC companies usually pretty good but can be useful to remind them if this.

Where did you buy it from? The onus is on the retailer and not the manufacturer. So if you bought from currys for example, complain to them.

Have a ready of this for example:

Basically a product should be fit for purpose and that means it should last more than a year. Manufacturers try and push back, but you have a contract of sale with the retailer and they have to stick to the law.m
They’ll always try push back, stand you r ground and you’ll get sorted.

Another thread to have a read:

I used PayPal so could try them I suppoae.

Geekys in the town have offers to look at it for free as well so that’ll be my next option if I get nowhere with Game/Sony/PayPal.

Back