PS5 tips, tricks and recommendations

Be careful if you put it in rest mode. Mine just randomly goes off sometimes which can be a bit dodgy for data corruption.

Sony trying to suss a patch apparently.
Heard one of the guys on the Beyond podcast saying that happens to him all the time. Apparently theres a quite a few people affected by the bug.

if you've played any AC before and liked them prob AC. I enjoyed AC more, Fallen order was ok but I didnt finish it, got bored, will prob go back to it. Have you played Miles Morales, its great, as is the DLC for the first Spiderman if you're looking for more spiderman

I completed Spiderman and all DLC on the PS4 and it's the Miles Morales game i've just completed on PS5, i think both are superb.
Is there any DLC content out for Mile Morales yet? If so, i'll probably have a look at that first.

I'm leaning towards AC as i've read the thread on here for JFO and it looks like the map in the game frustrated quite a few people :lol:
I enjoyed the early AC's but last one i played was Black Flag and thought it was very average, hopefully the latest one is better?
Be careful if you put it in rest mode. Mine just randomly goes off sometimes which can be a bit dodgy for data corruption.

Sony trying to suss a patch apparently.

I'm glad i've always switched mine off properly, that would really piss me off

Last edited:
I completed Spiderman and all DLC on the PS4 and it's the Miles Morales game i've just completed on PS5, i think both are superb.
Is there any DLC content out for Mile Morales yet? If so, i'll probably have a look at that first.

I'm leaning towards AC as i've read the thread on here for JFO and it looks like the map in the game frustrated quite a few people :lol:
I enjoyed the early AC's but last one i played was Black Flag and thought it was very average, hopefully the latest one is better?

I'm glad i've always switched mine off properly, that would really piss me off
No DLC for Miles yet unfortunately.

AC has changed a LOT since Black Flag, they're absolutely massive now which for me is the only really negative thing about them that you're playing them for so long that it becomes a bit of a slog towards the end.

Ive always left mine in rest mode since getting it last year and I’ve had nee issues like. Saying that I will now be turning it off to not tempt fate :lol:
I never use rest mode, just turn it off. That's cos it's on a smart plug with the TV and stuff so they all get turned off at night so no point in me using rest mode

As an aside bought some black face plates for it, now it hides on the TV unit and the Mrs no longer complains about it 🤠

Last edited:
I never use rest mode, just turn it off. That's cos it's on a smart plug with the TV and stuff so they all get turned off at night so no point in me using rest mode

As an aside bought some black face plates for it, now it hides on the TV unit and the Mrs no longer complains about it 🤠

Sounds like the smart thing to do tbh :lol: I did the same with my old ps4 for the 6 year I had it and no issues, keeps everything updated and controller charged… but I’d rather it not break so if it’s a real possibility I’ll turn it off as they’re still rare as hens teeth :lol:
Canny! Didn’t take Sony long to start doing the different coloured plates then? Greedy twats £££ 😆
I keep it behind the tv like but that’s due to there been no room for it anywhere else :lol:

Sounds like the smart thing to do tbh :lol: I did the same with my old ps4 for the 6 year I had it and no issues, keeps everything updated and controller charged… but I’d rather it not break so if it’s a real possibility I’ll turn it off as they’re still rare as hens teeth :lol:
Canny! Didn’t take Sony long to start doing the different coloured plates then? Greedy twats £££ 😆
I keep it behind the tv like but that’s due to there been no room for it anywhere else :lol:
I didn't buy Sony ones, some no name Chinese ones from Amazon for about £25. Took 2 minutes to fit and look smart

I have the Spiderman platinum on PS4. If I buy the Miles Morales deluxe that includes Spiderman - Remastered can I unlock the trophies again?

Edit, Nevermind:

Note that in the PS5 Remastered version of this title, it is possible to sync your save for the PS4 version of the game, and unlock all previously-unlocked trophies immediately. This means that you can turn one Platinum into two in a single action. But why would you not want to experience this game again?

Last edited:

Back