PS5 tips, tricks and recommendations

Had anyone had trouble with their PS5? Only had mine two weeks and it's having to go back to Sony. Started okay but yesterday I installed my first two disc games (assassins creed valhalla and judgment). On both of them it plays for a couple of minutes then crashes. Assassins creed also has random black squares flickering on and off right across the screen.

Pretty pissed off tbh, got to send it back and wait 15 days for a replacement. Just glad I didn't buy from a scalper because I presume you'd be fucked in that case

Had anyone had trouble with their PS5? Only had mine two weeks and it's having to go back to Sony. Started okay but yesterday I installed my first two disc games (assassins creed valhalla and judgment). On both of them it plays for a couple of minutes then crashes. Assassins creed also has random black squares flickering on and off right across the screen.

Pretty pissed off tbh, got to send it back and wait 15 days for a replacement. Just glad I didn't buy from a scalper because I presume you'd be fucked in that case

No issues here. but I don't use discs, so could be something caused by the disc drive? The random black squares could be the HDMI connection, could be worth trying a diff cable. Or it could be duff hardware! Hope it comes back sooner for u.

PS. Doesn't matter where you bought, you'd have the manufacturers warranty in tact.

nightmare bud

nightmare bud
Aye, doesn't help that I'm actually not very impressed with it anyway, the controller isn't quite as mint as people seem to suggest. So now I'm stuck thinking ps now and PS plus are a bit shit and I sort of wish I'd just got an xbox for the game pass, but I've spent money on games and that now so I'm stuck with it!

Aye, doesn't help that I'm actually not very impressed with it anyway, the controller isn't quite as mint as people seem to suggest. So now I'm stuck thinking ps now and PS plus are a bit shit and I sort of wish I'd just got an xbox for the game pass, but I've spent money on games and that now so I'm stuck with it!

Aye I turned the haptic feedback off on the controller like, didn’t enjoy having to fight with it :lol: you’ll get it sorted bud 👍

Aye I turned the haptic feedback off on the controller like, didn’t enjoy having to fight with it :lol: you’ll get it sorted bud 👍

I turned mine off because I actually think it was the reason one of the shoulder triggers lost it's resistance. (Sony replaced it like, so fair play) Was decent for the Astro game but really was just a fun gimmick that got old quite quick.

Last edited:

Xbox is def better as well IMO. Sell the PS5 when you get it back for cost price or swap someone for an Xbox - plenty will swap.

No issues here. but I don't use discs, so could be something caused by the disc drive? The random black squares could be the HDMI connection, could be worth trying a diff cable. Or it could be duff hardware! Hope it comes back sooner for u.

PS. Doesn't matter where you bought, you'd have the manufacturers warranty in tact.
It's loud as fuck when disks are in. I'm actually thinking of downloading the game I want to play digitally so the noise doesn't occur

Managed to snaffle myself one today like. Never bothered before but must have been loads available. Any recommendations for headsets for COD as Im just using playstation platinum atm

Back