PS5 Or Xbox series x

Any recommendations for my 8 yr old son?? I've personally had a PS since the first one came out but have up on gaming in the last year.

I was thinking of going with the Xbox for their streaming pass. I would also like to get him hooked off Fortnite and thought Halo maybe a good way to go.
Good luck with that!!

Is there anything on PS similar to game pass? Still undecided as consoles are so similar that spec doesn't matter. I'll be hammering fifa as per but game pass is v good

Is there anything on PS similar to game pass? Still undecided as consoles are so similar that spec doesn't matter. I'll be hammering fifa as per but game pass is v good

Nope. Consoles seemed nigh on identical so I went Xbox for a combination of the game pass (plus I play pc games a lot and there’s the pc element of the game pass too) and the fact it was £100 cheaper

Missed out on the Xbox Series X, looked on Ebay and the pre-orders are selling between 530 to 600+. Looks like my lad will have to wait till after Christmas I guess, unless more are made available after the 10th of November ???

Missed out on the Xbox Series X, looked on Ebay and the pre-orders are selling between 530 to 600+. Looks like my lad will have to wait till after Christmas I guess, unless more are made available after the 10th of November ???

Id be surprised if more stock wasn’t made available for 10th November tbh

I'm after one as well.

They were on sale for a good few hours yesterday morning, nowhere near as quickly sold as the Ps5. Coupled with the fact there's been no stories of shortages of parts i reckon more will be on sale next week

Series S with All Access still seems to be available on Smyths. I'm so tempted but the X for 8 quid a month extra is temping too.

Was loads of both available while I was deciding which xbox to get now there's only series s. Hopefully more series x before release
Don't suppose anyone pre ordered a series x and has changed their mind? :lol:

Last edited:
Came to the party late here but have you seen any kicking about mate, or has the ship sailed for me getting a ps5 for Xmas?

Still plenty of xboxes around. Think most seem to have ran out of PS5s again, but keep an eye open and I still reckon you’ll get one before Christmas. Sony aren’t daft and they’ll realise that if they don’t provide people with a PS5 many will buy an Xbox instead and you lose 8 years of sales before the next console cycle

Still plenty of xboxes around. Think most seem to have ran out of PS5s again, but keep an eye open and I still reckon you’ll get one before Christmas. Sony aren’t daft and they’ll realise that if they don’t provide people with a PS5 many will buy an Xbox instead and you lose 8 years of sales before the next console cycle

Where are xbox series x available?

Cheers mate, got my eye on ps for bairn. Apparently they're better than the Xbox by all accounts.

Back