PS5 Or Xbox series x

With the exception of forza and possibly sea of thieves i reckon ps4 does have the best exclusives by a mile but Xbox has spent the past couple of years buying up games studios and with their showcase today they’ve a chance to show if they can catch up with the exclusives and win over people like me who is on the fence with what new console to get.

That’s true but other than Obsidian the studios they have bought up don’t really have much of a track record of AAA titles. Certainly nowhere the league of the likes of Naughty Dog or Media Molecule, Insomniac etc.

That’s true but other than Obsidian the studios they have bought up don’t really have much of a track record of AAA titles. Certainly nowhere the league of the likes of Naughty Dog or Media Molecule, Insomniac etc.
Bar forza which is gonna be ages away and the medium there wasn’t too much that caught my eye from that showcase today , a bit disappointed but it’s canny that every game in it is gonna be included on gamepass.

I had a PS4, sold it and got an Xbox One. Missed loads of good exclusives on the PS4. So I'll be going with the PS5 on release day.
Had every Playstation since the PSX, definitely the better console IMO.

The trailer for Scorn looked immense. Halo Infinite is already announced and they have a full first party showcase today.

Therefore, I disagree.

The problem is all those games will also be available on windows with better customisation and eventually better graphics and frame rates.

Don't really see why anyone would buy an Xbox

Probably PS5 for me tbh, just from the Halo announcement i can see the way Microsoft are headed, and it's been evident from this gen of consoles with the absolute fuckton of early access games, they're headed towards a Games as a service type of model, which is all well and good but it kind of puts to bed the hope of exclusives every few years and reduces them to more of a destiny 2 approach of releasing a game and building on it for years.

Not for me if im honest and i'm correct, i prefer to physically play a game not be renting one and see the access revoked at any time, i despise the online necessity of most games now, Microsoft is basically heading into a subscriber market as it has been for years with Gamepass (which is excellent btw) but it marks the end of Xbox as a hardware brand, because lets face it, MS have always been a software company, they really don't care where you play their games, just that you are.

Personally i just prefer to have something tangible than to hang onto the rather than the hope Xcloud isn't the complete bin fire that Stadia was and practically speaking large proportions of the World just don't have the stable internet connections to support it even if they wanted to.

Its essentially MS doing as they attempted to in the botched launch of Xbox One, provide an online only service that doesn't hinge on game sales, but on active subscriptions.

My main concern if they head down the games as a service route is that it puts developers into the situation a lot have taken this gen like Ubisoft with Unity, Hello Games with No Mans Sky and EA with Battlefront, in providing sub par, unfinished and bare bones games and use gamers as the test bed to fix them and for them to add onto later, you're seeing it happen now with COD Warzone but on the promise that the games will get better, for me its a shit model and like buying a car, being told it's an early build and you've got to wait for the steering wheel, brakes and doors so you can get the full experience.
It Doesn't sit right with me buying something and hoping it gets better as it promotes lazy, cash grabbing developers to throw unfinished garbage onto the platform but more concerning puts the idea into subscribers heads that it doesn't matter because there's other games they can play instead.

If you want either get a PS5. Microsoft are binning exclusives and the console refresh cycle and shoving games on demand. "Xbox" is a name for games service now not a bit of plastic under your telly. Satya brought device agnostic working to 365 and now is gonna do the same for gaming. Sure you can still buy a surface for work or a series 10 for gaming but you don't need to.

If you want either get a PS5. Microsoft are binning exclusives and the console refresh cycle and shoving games on demand. "Xbox" is a name for games service now not a bit of plastic under your telly. Satya brought device agnostic working to 365 and now is gonna do the same for gaming. Sure you can still buy a surface for work or a series 10 for gaming but you don't need to.

All games will be brought under the cloud gaming regime shortly anyway so not sure it matters too much. And from what I’ve played of the Ubisoft Play+ thing it’s been a pretty good move - anything that does away with an endless stream of DLC supplementing a half-arsed initial release is a good thing in my eyes, and I don’t have a problem having £20-30 a month of subscriptions for unlimited gaming access - same as TVs, having £30 a month of prime, Netflix, etc., to do away with Sky was the best thing that’s happened tbh. Costs too much for new games nowadays, so a subscription service is much better for both users and for games companies who are just haemorrhaging money to pirating companies as people are priced out of games.

The Xbox v PlayStation debate is so old now though - entirely comes down to what your mates play and (less so than before) your preference on exclusives.

All games will be brought under the cloud gaming regime shortly anyway so not sure it matters too much. And from what I’ve played of the Ubisoft Play+ thing it’s been a pretty good move - anything that does away with an endless stream of DLC supplementing a half-arsed initial release is a good thing in my eyes, and I don’t have a problem having £20-30 a month of subscriptions for unlimited gaming access - same as TVs, having £30 a month of prime, Netflix, etc., to do away with Sky was the best thing that’s happened tbh. Costs too much for new games nowadays, so a subscription service is much better for both users and for games companies who are just haemorrhaging money to pirating companies as people are priced out of games.

The Xbox v PlayStation debate is so old now though - entirely comes down to what your mates play and (less so than before) your preference on exclusives.

Cant see it ever being viable with the infrastrucutre in the UK.

Streaming 4k and 60fps, while the missus is watching 4k netflix and the kids are playing fortnight? Internet connections arent there yet.

Cant see it ever being viable with the infrastrucutre in the UK.

Streaming 4k and 60fps, while the missus is watching 4k netflix and the kids are playing fortnight? Internet connections arent there yet.

Of course not at present, although there are alternate solutions like pre-downloading games as a stop gap until the government pull their fingers out and realise it’s important

Considering a PS5 is the only thing I can think of to get the bairn for Christmas (he's exceptionally hard to buy for as he's currently only really interested in his tablet, doesn't play with toys and has no interest in bikes / scooters) I'll be putting all of my eggs in that particular basket.

I only like Elder Scrolls, CoD, and GTA....so don't know which to get tbh. I know could be waiting years for new GTA and Elder Scrolls

Apparently the disc version is going to be £380 and the digital £280. Mental if true. Any idea if the spec on the two consoles is going to be much different? Also, if I buy disk version can I still download games? Apologies

Back