PS5 game recommendations.....

Smiler

Striker
Finally got a PS5 ordered from game which I should get in the next week or so and looking at what games I should add to my rentals list. Put on it up to now.....

Deathloop
Hitman III
Outriders
The Forgotten City
Returnal

Also are any older PS4 games with revisiting in the new console?

Spiderman
Spiderman Miles Morales
Ghost of tsushima - Directors cut
It takes two is good fun too, if you've someone to play with

Pretty much all the PS+ collection that you get "free" is worth playing if you've not had a playstation before

Last edited:
I’m tempted by Far Cry 6. I loved 4 and played it for ages, but got bored about halfway through 5.
I was the same, loved 3 too.

I'm struggling with 6 atm. There's too much weapon and gear customization for different scenarios. Far cry should be just about getting in there and shooting shit up.

saying that I've not had a chance to have a sustained go at it and have liked some of the missions so far on their own.

It looks kinda janky too, the horseriding is absymal its so jerky, coming from Ghost of tsushima where everything was so smooth its not very good.

I was the same, loved 3 too.

I'm struggling with 6 atm. There's too much weapon and gear customization for different scenarios. Far cry should be just about getting in there and shooting shit up.

saying that I've not had a chance to have a sustained go at it and have liked some of the missions so far on their own.

It looks kinda janky too, the horseriding is absymal its so jerky, coming from Ghost of tsushima where everything was so smooth its not very good.
It’s a crime to fuck up horse riding now, after Ghost of Tsushima and RDR. But vehicles were always the low point of Far Cry for me anyway. Hate driving in first person.
I find Ubisoft open world games induce a bit of anxiety with the sheer amount of ‘stuff’ they clog the map up with. I like a bit of structure in my old age!

Spiderman
Spiderman Miles Morales

Pretty much all the PS+ collection that you get "free" is worth playing if you've not had a playstation before

Miles I'm getting with the console, Is Ghost worth a play through again as I've completed it on PS4?
I’m tempted by Far Cry 6. I loved 4 and played it for ages, but got bored about halfway through 5.

Playing it already on PS4, probs complete it by the time Game send me the PS5
The two spiderman as mentioned
Star wars fallen Republic

I'll check Star Wars out, cheers
The two spiderman as mentioned
Star wars fallen Republic

Is it not Fallen Order?

Last edited:
Miles I'm getting with the console, Is Ghost worth a play through again as I've completed it on PS4?

Playing it already on PS4, probs complete it by the time Game send me the PS5

I'll check Star Wars out, cheers

Is it not Fallen Order?

Aye that's the bastard

Finally got a PS5 ordered from game which I should get in the next week or so and looking at what games I should add to my rentals list. Put on it up to now.....

Deathloop
Hitman III
Outriders
The Forgotten City
Returnal

Also are any older PS4 games with revisiting in the new console?

I was in the queue but it sold out with a minute to spare

I was in the queue but it sold out with a minute to spare

I got in a queue for both disk only and for a bundle using my phone. Disk only want available once I got to the front but the bundle was and despite not really wanting Ratchet that much I ordered it anyway.

Spiderman
Spiderman Miles Morales

are games in your library from ps+ that you had on the ps4 playable on the ps5?

i'm not in any hurry to get a ps5 tbh but i should probably think about it in terms of buying new games, i don't really know the crack with what you can keep and use after getting a ps5 and what you can't

i'm not in any hurry to get a ps5 tbh but i should probably think about it in terms of buying new games, i don't really know the crack with what you can keep and use after getting a ps5 and what you can't
Yup

Just got a PS5 yesterday as a gift, think I will just get Fifa tomorrow. Any good new games? Although I appreciate Spiderman game, do not think it will be my cup of tea.

Ratchet and Clank was superb

easy platinum as well, if you're into that sort of thing
Just got a PS5 yesterday as a gift, think I will just get Fifa tomorrow. Any good new games? Although I appreciate Spiderman game, do not think it will be my cup of tea.
PlayStation since PS4 is all about single player first party story games so IMO if you have a PS5 you're really missing out if you don't play some. Nowt wrong with playing Fifa but why bother with a particular console if you don't try exclusive platform stuff. THat was a general point, not to you in particular.

If you didn't have a PS4 you've got many exclusives to pick from. If you did then PS5 stuff.....Ratchet and Clank is the best of them imo. Haven't played Returnal. Oh, and play Astro's Pay Room as the controller functions are fully utilised.

Basically every game from ps4 bar about 10 works on PS5. Canny few games have also got a PS5 patch to now run at a better framerate and/or higher resolution

Last edited:

Back