PS5 Event

My dad has been after one and when he asked me to help him find one I can't believe how hard it seems to be. I can't remember this with the PS4, I'm pretty sure I got one and everyone else did whenever they wanted to pre-order?

My dad has been after one and when he asked me to help him find one I can't believe how hard it seems to be. I can't remember this with the PS4, I'm pretty sure I got one and everyone else did whenever they wanted to pre-order?

Apparently they were promising an organised affair but basically opened the floodgates about 5 mins after their event, so after midnight here. They did similar with the PS3, basically to keep massive levels of demand.

Bit of a dick move, but doubt they’re arsed. You’re right that it didn’t happen with the PS4.

Loads of retailers have dropped a bollock by not making people pay up front and leading to a situation where people have multiple PS5’s on pre-order. Argos made people cough up up front which I think weeds out the bellends holding on to several consoles.
Was a waste of time in the UK, seeing as they put them available online at about 2.30 this morning.
I logged on on the hour every hour from midnight to 5am when I finally got one.

Last edited:
Loads of retailers have dropped a bollock by not making people pay up front and leading to a situation where people have multiple PS5’s on pre-order. Argos made people cough up up front which I think weeds out the bellends holding on to several consoles.

Seeing the absolute chaos that's ensued I find it a bit mad that the second website I checked yesterday morning (very) was where I bought one

Not very fair on the average consumer that, though. I can’t just stay awake all night.

Not very fair on the average consumer that, though. I can’t just stay awake all night.
Totally agree. I had give at work at 8. I’m absolutely fucked now and ready for bed.
Well I have tried Argos, currys and amazon a few times each today, all sold out. Looks like a waiting game
They must be drip feeding the main outlets. They can’t have ‘sold out’ this quickly. There’ll definitely be a situation when the afore mentioned bellends who have pre-ordered realise they have got 4 and loads come back onto the market.

Last edited:
Totally agree. I had give at work at 8. I’m absolutely fucked now and ready for bed.

They must be drip feeding the main outlets. They can’t have ‘sold out’ this quickly. There’ll definitely be a situation when the afore mentioned bellends who have pre-ordered realise they have got 4 and loads come back onto the market.

Have a nice sleep.

Can someone explain the benefits of a day one purchase as the confirmed releases for both consoles so far seem hugely underwhelming from what I can see?
EDIT: Launch titles, I mean.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone explain the benefits of a day one purchase as the confirmed releases for both consoles so far seem hugely underwhelming from what I can see?
EDIT: Launch titles, I mean.
I’m gonna get it anyway so why not get it launch day? It’s not like the price is gonna change within the first year. 🤷🏻‍♂️
the miles morales spiderman is enough for me to get it day one anyway. Spiderman was one of my favourite games on the ps4

I’m gonna get it anyway so why not get it launch day? It’s not like the price is gonna change within the first year. 🤷🏻‍♂️
the miles morales spiderman is enough for me to get it day one anyway. Spiderman was one of my favourite games on the ps4
Just seems a needless hassle getting it day one when all the release games bar Spiderman look shite. I used to get them early myself, couldn't be arsed these days. Will wait a year or two until there's more than a paltry handful of games worth playing.

Just seems a needless hassle getting it day one when all the release games bar Spiderman look shite. I used to get them early myself, couldn't be arsed these days. Will wait a year or two until there's more than a paltry handful of games worth playing.

Plenty will play Demons Souls, not to my taste like. Isn't Spiderman out on PS4 as well?

I think I'm going to wait into the new year after I've got a 4K tv

Back