PS5 Event

Yeah now they released their consoles I'm going £500 for disk and £400 for Digital.

I wonder if they'll do a finance option with PS Plus as Xbox have done with Game Pass.

What's the Xbox prices? £249 and £449? Would people 75% more for a digital PS5 over the Xbox?

I'm probably going to go down the digital route, as I don't buy discs anyway and i'm a fairly casual user. I was going to go PS5, but if it's £150 difference I'll probably for the Xbox.

What's the Xbox prices? £249 and £449? Would people 75% more for a digital PS5 over the Xbox?

I'm probably going to go down the digital route, as I don't buy discs anyway and i'm a fairly casual user. I was going to go PS5, but if it's £150 difference I'll probably for the Xbox.
Yeah those are the prices but the 250 one doesn't have the same spec. I do think it will do well for them though.

It's not the same spec as the X. The PS5 Digital is the same spec as disk version PS5.

FF16, with blood & gore... interesting.
Harry Potter looked really good! haha, hate to say it, was pretty impressed with Spiderman
Demon Soul's looked like... well Demon Souls.

Nothing else really jumped out too much. £360 is a snip though!

Edit: Oddworld!!! Love a bit Abe.

I normally buy both systems so I'm really happy with the price of the digital ps5, I'll get that and the series X probably next year. I never buy at launch as if there's a design flaw or fault it's usually in the first couple of batches.

Can someone explain the whole Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X big price difference?

Is the cheaper one basically not as powerful but will still be getting the same games as a PS5 (other than exclusives obviously)?

There's nowt in it terms of price. The raw spec of the XBox is marginally better but the PS5 has a considerably quicker SSD at 5.5Gb/s compared to the XBox 2.4.
The clincher for me is that Sony is so dominant in terms of studios. Insomniac, Guerilla, Sony Santa Monica and Japan, Polyphony and the biggest of the lot Naughty Dog. The XBox has been miles behind the PS4 in terms of exclusives and nothing looks to be changing next gen.
PS5 for me.

I'll be getting the Xbox first of all but definitely will pick up a PS5 at a later date. Hopefully there's a smaller, all black PS5 at some point. I won't mind going digital with it as there'll probably just be a handful of exclusives I'll be buying it for

Spiderman: Miles Morales and the new Horizon game will be releasing on PS4 as well

Last edited:

Back