PS5 Event

£70 for a game is steep, there’s a reason I content share on the PS4 and it’s mainly down to that I’m happy you’re apparently allowed to do the same on the ps5.

Digital console cheaper but always tend to find the digital games are more expensive aswel, even on the PS4 have seen brand new games going for about £55-60 digitally and £40-45 in the shops, may aswel get the non digital version of PS5 as will save money in the long run.

probably sell my PS4 with two controllers for around £100, meaning I can upgrade to the digital version for around £280. Already got cod and Fifa ready to download on the new console when I get it!

Digital console cheaper but always tend to find the digital games are more expensive aswel, even on the PS4 have seen brand new games going for about £55-60 digitally and £40-45 in the shops, may aswel get the non digital version of PS5 as will save money in the long run.

I've decided not to go ahead with my preorder and wait until later. I wonder if this £70 price tag on new games will be bringing digital and physical copies in line with each other price wise. I still prefer physical because atleast if I spend 70 quid on a game and either don't like it or finish is quickly I can't get a decent chunk back if I decide to sell it.

450 for me, for disc version. I'll part ex my launch PS4 if someone let's me. Still going strong.

Same here, I rent games as it's miles cheaper and they send the disks out via the post. I'll save the extra £90 in around 2 or 3 months at the very most. Need to upgrade my TV first though which is going to take a while
£70 for a game, get fucked

Honestly thinking of not bothering with this generation

Just buy the odd one and rent the rest from boomerang. It's saved me literally hundreds of pounds over the last few years.
You might not get a new game on day 1 of its release but that's never bothered me as I'm busy playing one of the other games they've sent me anyway.

Last edited:
It’ll be the digital version for me. Barely used the drive at all with the ps4.
Have a US PSN account so games are cheaper and rarely buy on day 1.

have a God of War special edition ps4 pro that I might trade in. Not sure yet.

the PlayStation plus collection is a good add on too. They’re games that most will probably have already but it’ll be good to be able to download the odd one you don’t own on day one.

Was going to pre order but think I’ll wait. Still plenty of games to get to on PS4 for now.
Probably end up going for the disc version as I’ll use it as a Blu-ray player as well.

Bought the expensive one by mistake off Very.

Seen it was available, whacked it in the basket, went to the payment options and clicked paypal, logged into that and chose the paypal credit thing what gives you 4 months interest free , selected that thinking it would take me back to very and i`d only gone and bought the fucker .

Purchase followed by instant regret and self loathing :lol: . looking at my purchase history i`ve only ever bought the bairns school bag off these lot before so god knows if they are reliable

edit
if i`d scrolled down i could of had the cheaper one instead. story of my life act first, think later :cry:

Last edited:
Some places aren’t releasing them for pre-order until the end of the week. Argos is Friday for anyone interested.

I registered my interest with Sony to pre-order one a few weeks back but no idea what the crack is with that.

Back