PS4 turning itself off and won't turn back on

Anyone had this?

Happened last night - randomly turned itself off then wouldn't turn back on, even after unplugging the power cable etc. Still wouldn't turn back on tonight until I turned the plug off and on, pressed to remove the disc and waited for it to boot up (tried removing the disc and putting the disc straight back in but it beeped then immediately turned off again). But after about 10 minutes exactly the same thing has happened.

I've had a look on Google and seems a bit of a mixed bag, some suggesting the power cable, some suggesting the power supply unit which is way over my head. I only play the occasional game of Fifa and the bairn plays the odd game so rather not pay mega money to get it fixed.

Anyone had this?

Happened last night - randomly turned itself off then wouldn't turn back on, even after unplugging the power cable etc. Still wouldn't turn back on tonight until I turned the plug off and on, pressed to remove the disc and waited for it to boot up (tried removing the disc and putting the disc straight back in but it beeped then immediately turned off again). But after about 10 minutes exactly the same thing has happened.

I've had a look on Google and seems a bit of a mixed bag, some suggesting the power cable, some suggesting the power supply unit which is way over my head. I only play the occasional game of Fifa and the bairn plays the odd game so rather not pay mega money to get it fixed.

Have you tried formatting the fucker?

So after giving it a good clean and it working fine for a few days this has started happening again. Obviously there are no shops open to get it repaired so it'll have to be a DIY job. Am I best off buying a PSU and fitting it myself? Or is that too risky / unlikely to be the cause?

Back