PS4 stuck in safe mode

SAFC_Jack

Striker
Anyone had this?

Application crashed with a message saying it was corrupted and needed to close. PS4 then shut down and rebooted in safe mode.

Asked me to download the latest software update on to a usb and reinstall it that way. Followed all the instructions but said that the file could not be used so absolutely stumped.

Was blasting through Star Wars Fallen Order so really don’t want to have to format the fucker - any ideas?

It happened to a mate recently and it packed in shortly after

here’s a few things he tried, none worked for him though

Managed to get it back on after trying for ages and going through the proper safe mode menu. Think my save is corrupted for Star Wars regardless so knackered on that front!

Hopefully PS4 will keep going.

Sounds like the hard drive could be failing?

Got it working again yesterday and played on stuff again without much incident, though the PS4 is making a noise it didn’t make before.

Read some stuff that the hard drive could be on its way out, though it is supposedly replaceable? I know the saves are in a cloud space at least.

Got it working again yesterday and played on stuff again without much incident, though the PS4 is making a noise it didn’t make before.

Read some stuff that the hard drive could be on its way out, though it is supposedly replaceable? I know the saves are in a cloud space at least.
Yeah back everything up to the cloud new 2.5 inch 1 tb drive isn’t too expensive literally just a few screws to replace. You then need a usb stick to reinstall the PlayStation os full guide is on the Sony site. Only bitch is all your games and patches will need re downloading.

Yeah back everything up to the cloud new 2.5 inch 1 tb drive isn’t too expensive literally just a few screws to replace. You then need a usb stick to reinstall the PlayStation os full guide is on the Sony site. Only bitch is all your games and patches will need re downloading.
Unless you move them all to an external drive.

Back