PS4 pro

jedi_toaster

Striker
picking one of these up tonight as my old PS4 has been claimed by my teenage daughter to play Fortnite and chat to her friends on. £349 with Spideman (a game I was gonna buy anyway). Seems a pretty standard price, and they’re £300 second hand anyway, so it makes sense.

Anyhow...I’m not boasting....I wanted to ask if anyone on here has one and reckons there are any old games that are significantly improved by the pro gubbins that might be worth me revisiting?

Main reason I’ve gone for pro is for the graphical and power boost for the psvr, but it’d be nice if it breathes a bit of extra life into some of my old games.

I have a 4k TV, not going to lie I don't notice a huge graphical improvement.

Better loading times, quieter, less likely to drop frames.

I got it with the intention of getting PSVR then never bought the VR.

I have a 4k TV, not going to lie I don't notice a huge graphical improvement.

Better loading times, quieter, less likely to drop frames.

I got it with the intention of getting PSVR then never bought the VR.
This. I got the god of war special edition pro, traded in the old PS4 for €100 needed a new controller anyway and was gonna buy god of war too so the actual cost was only about €100. As said it’s quicker but you’d want to have some crazy eyesight to notice a difference.

Wouldn’t bother with the psvr tbh, had it and sold it. It’s just not there tech wise yet, too heave and clunky to get out and play, resolution is shit. I just found I never used it. Luckily sold it a week before there was a massive price drop on it!

It’s just not something you would play for any length of time and after the initial wow factor it’s just a bit dull really. Also bundling it with the move controllers which were 8 (?) years old at that stage was a massive mistake.

Might buy the second or third gen at some stage.

This. I got the god of war special edition pro, traded in the old PS4 for €100 needed a new controller anyway and was gonna buy god of war too so the actual cost was only about €100. As said it’s quicker but you’d want to have some crazy eyesight to notice a difference.

Wouldn’t bother with the psvr tbh, had it and sold it. It’s just not there tech wise yet, too heave and clunky to get out and play, resolution is shit. I just found I never used it. Luckily sold it a week before there was a massive price drop on it!

It’s just not something you would play for any length of time and after the initial wow factor it’s just a bit dull really. Also bundling it with the move controllers which were 8 (?) years old at that stage was a massive mistake.

You’d have to have some crazy eyesight not to notice a difference in the likes of Horizon, Destiny 2 and God of War imo. It’s night and day in places.

Even FIFA is a massive improvement.

God Of War has been mentioned a few time (rightfully so) that game genuinely took my breath away in parts on a 4K TV. The Tomb Raider games have all been re-jiggered to make use of HDR and other fancy lighting techniques. Horizon looks amazing too.

I love my psvr, and it’s one of the only things in gaming at the moment that has the ability to wow me. I agree about the faff of getting it all set up, and the annoyance of the wires and the weight etc, but there’s still something absolutely next level about looking down and seeing a machine gun in your hands and then crouching down behind a wall, blind firing over it in a panic as another human tries to do the same to you!

Just bought one myself with Spider-Man last week, it’s a lot quieter, loading times and downloading times improved.

Got a 4K tv so I’ve noticed the difference in some games. Good purchase. My old ps4 conked out like

You need a 4k TV with HDR to actually notice anything.

It is more powerful and theres a clear difference on games like Horizon and GoW.

Not as big a difference as the Xbox One X had and as far as I'm aware sony haven't provided as many 4k updates as Microsoft have.

Definitely worth getting though

Got one when Vr came out.. then sold to get standard....

Currently have a white one I got for £250 on eBay... Seems a lot quieter.. The only difference I have ever really noticed is on VR games.

Can't really see much of a difference on Spider-Man either. The biggest difference is HDR but the old PS4 can do the too.

picking one of these up tonight as my old PS4 has been claimed by my teenage daughter to play Fortnite and chat to her friends on. £349 with Spideman (a game I was gonna buy anyway). Seems a pretty standard price, and they’re £300 second hand anyway, so it makes sense.

Anyhow...I’m not boasting....I wanted to ask if anyone on here has one and reckons there are any old games that are significantly improved by the pro gubbins that might be worth me revisiting?

Main reason I’ve gone for pro is for the graphical and power boost for the psvr, but it’d be nice if it breathes a bit of extra life into some of my old games.
I’ve been considering doing this because of psvr as well. Let me know what you think. I’m on the fence.

I must admit destiny 2 looks great with the hdr, it's down to certain games really
The daft thing is, having bought it primarily for the psvr graphical upgrade, I have to plug the pro straight into my tv to appreciate the HDR on ‘flat’ games as the psvr junction box doesn’t do HDR pass through. Fuck you sony, that means I have to exert extra effort. I hate effort.

I bought a pro when my original was stolen. Was using it on my old tv and I didn't really notice much difference. Upgraded my tv and that's when I saw a big difference. Some of the new games coming out now look tremendous graphically.

I bought a pro when my original was stolen. Was using it on my old tv and I didn't really notice much difference. Upgraded my tv and that's when I saw a big difference. Some of the new games coming out now look tremendous graphically.

Horizon and God of War in HDR 4K are beautiful. Still get idiots saying they can't see a difference on pro and one x though

Back