PS4 or XBOX One

Fair enough. As I said earlier in the thread, PS4 has better exclusives. Not enough to justify an inferior console imo, I hardly touch my PS4 since finishing Horizon

Fair enough. As I said earlier in the thread, PS4 has better exclusives. Not enough to justify an inferior console imo, I hardly touch my PS4 since finishing Horizon
The Xbox can be as powerful as it wants but when it's got very little exclusive content, very few creative studios working on it and it's running ports of games designed from the bottom up on PS4 hardware, we'll, what's the point? It's like the Atari Jaguar which was an utter beast compared to other consoles at the time which had barely anything on it and died an absolute death. But it was essentially 64 bit in the 16 bit era! Power does not guarantee success! You only have to look at sales figures to see which console is the most attractive to the target audience. As an example, across the entire country of Japan, the Xbox sells below 100 consoles every month and that is a market you don't want to be losing, let me tell you. It's a bloody 4k white elephant, in my humble. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Xbox can be as powerful as it wants but when it's got very little exclusive content, very few creative studios working on it and it's running ports of games designed from the bottom up on PS4 hardware, we'll, what's the point? It's like the Atari Jaguar which was an utter beast compared to other consoles at the time which had barely anything on it and died an absolute death. But it was essentially 64 bit in the 16 bit era! Power does not guarantee success! You only have to look at sales figures to see which console is the most attractive to the target audience. As an example, across the entire country of Japan, the Xbox sells below 100 consoles every month and that is a market you don't want to be losing, let me tell you. It's a bloody 4k white elephant, in my humble. :lol:
Some shops there advertise it as a 4k blu ray player as opposed to a games console :lol:

But....but 4K, UHD, power, teraflops and backwards compatibility.

I think in terms of consoles you are only going to get each side defending their own choices releases and decisions while the opposite is shit.
In terms of console owners the only ones who will care about all the specs of the XBOX ONE X are people who own an Xbox anyway, anyone else would just have a PC anyway

Hold on, the ps4 has better games but an inferior console, is this based on a launch Xbox one in which case I call bullshit or a console that hasn't even released yet?

If it's the latter I'll just say the PS1 is an inferior console to the Xbox one.
Means fuck all when it isn't a like for like comparison.

The original Kinect addled Xbox one was a bag of shite IMO.
The console only became usable for me anyway when the slim came out, seemed more stable and less shit clogging up the HDD.
For some ungodly reason I've got 2 PS4's and 2 Xbox ones but he whole interface and layout of the Xbox is way to cumbersome and laboured compared to the PS4, I can double tap the home button to go to trophies on the ps4 ( or the tab I have opened on the browser) yet doing similar on the Xbox while it works necessitates clicking the guide button, scrolling to achievements, then clicking past leaderboard, then view all achievements which gets very tiresome whe you want to check progress toward a specific one.

It's an absolute chore to get around without having a now dead spy camera listening to your voice and guessing where you want to go.

Its all subjective but I play games on the ps4 because it's more user friendly, easier to navigate and the customisation is a lot better looking on the XMB aswell as having a library suited to my tastes.
The Xbox isn't a bad console, definitely useable while clunky and cumbersome to navigate just none of the exclusives have any appeal to me, the last I played was Dead Rising 4 and it was f***ing shite and I don't like FPS games, I have a 360 still and while I do like the concept of BC it shouldn't be at the expense of developing anything new in terms of games, but it seems to have been, I still use it specifically because I can play stuff like Lost odyssey on it but it offers nothing a 360 couldnt but a lot more limited in terms of game choice.

Last edited:
Have both never use the ps4 :lol: have you tried the xbox since the last update? The layout has changed for the better.
To the OP get a Switch...
Aye, just prefer the PS4. Got most of my games on it and have more mates on that.

There’s not much difference between the two, Just what each individual prefers and what their mates are playing on.

Ive had both and it isnt even close, ps4 easily for me as it has the better library. Im not arsed about games looking slightly better on an xbox as 99% of modern games look excellent anyway

Sony have always had the best libraries on their systems and thats why i prefer them, i buy a console to play games not look at pretty pictures

Back