PS4 or XBOX One

Keawyeds

Striker
Evening all,

I have an XBOX 360. Loved it, played loads of games on it, but not much multiplayer stuff.
I've realised that it's not long for this world - not many new games for it etc and I'm wondering what to go for next.

I've had a PS2 back in the day, but I've enjoyed the XBOX.

What should I go for do you think?

Evening all,

I have an XBOX 360. Loved it, played loads of games on it, but not much multiplayer stuff.
I've realised that it's not long for this world - not many new games for it etc and I'm wondering what to go for next.

I've had a PS2 back in the day, but I've enjoyed the XBOX.

What should I go for do you think?
PS4

If you play with mates get what they have.

PS4 has the better exclusives, I think it's a better console overall. Not being a fanboy, I have both.

If you really want to play your 360 games the one has a lot of backwards compatible games, but you could always drop £50 and get another 360.

Xbox is the far superior console, the specs of the one x piss on the PS4 pro.

PlayStation has a better range of exclusives.

Xbox also has the ability to play original Xbox and Xbox 360 games via backwards compatibility.

It would be a no brainer for me but some people are really into the new PlayStation exclusives.

I have both

Go with what your mates have and only go with the X or pro if you have a 4k tv and can afford it. If your mates don't game then go ps4, far superior games catalogue, you've already got a 360 so backwards compatability is pointless

The Xbox has barely anything on it that you can't get on PS4. PS4 has a wider and far superior library, backwards compatibility be damned. Unless your mates have Xboxes it shouldn't even be a contest, really.

The Xbox has barely anything on it that you can't get on PS4. PS4 has a wider and far superior library, backwards compatibility be damned. Unless your mates have Xboxes it shouldn't even be a contest, really.

This. Although saying it always feels like you're starting some kind of console war.

I am getting an X next week but still struggling to find games to get on it.

This. Although saying it always feels like you're starting some kind of console war.

I am getting an X next week but still struggling to find games to get on it.
Why bother then? My mate bought one and regrets it, never been used.

Notable games out already or upcoming for PS4 and not Xbox that I can remember off the top of my head:

Horizon
Bloodborne
Nioh
Last of Us
God of War
Final Fantasy 7 Remake
The Last Guardian
Uncharted
Nier
Ni No Kuni II
Spiderman
Dissidia Final Fantasy
Death Stranding
Persona
Days Gone

And most importantly:
The Hatsune Miku games
DJ MAX Respect

Please, anyone, feel free to pop up the Xbox exclusives for comparison.

Last edited by a moderator:
Notable games out already or upcoming for PS4 and not Xbox that I can remember off the top of my head:

Horizon
Bloodborne
Nioh
Last of Us
God of War
Final Fantasy 7 Remake
The Last Guardian
Uncharted
Nier
Ni No Kuni II
Spiderman
Dissidia Final Fantasy
Death Stranding
Persona
Days Gone

And most importantly:
The Hatsune Miku games
DJ MAX Respect

Gears of war
Halo
Forza

Erm......

Horizon
Bloodborne
Nioh
Last of Us
God of War
Final Fantasy 7 Remake
The Last Guardian
Uncharted
Nier
Ni No Kuni II
Spiderman
Dissidia Final Fantasy
Death Stranding
Persona
Days Gone

And most importantly:
The Hatsune Miku games
DJ MAX Respect

Halo
Gears of war
Forza
Dead rising
Crackdown
State of Decay
Sea of thieves
Battlegrounds
Quantum Break
Sunset overdrive

Plus every backwards compatible game

Halo
Gears of war
Forza
Dead rising
Crackdown
State of Decay
Sea of thieves
Battlegrounds
Quantum Break
Sunset overdrive

Plus every backwards compatible game
Dead Rising is available on PS4.

If we're including games from last gen I can extend my list to include digital titles, if you like? I intentionally left them out as, well, they're from last gen... Still, my list blows your earlier claim to Fletch completely out of the water and it's a massively abridged list, as well. :lol:

Dead Rising is available on PS4.

If we're including games from last gen I can extend my list to include digital titles, if you like? I intentionally left them out as, well, they're from last gen... Still, my list blows your earlier claim to Fletch completely out of the water and it's a massively abridged list, as well. :lol:

Dead rising 3 and 4 are Xbox exclusives.

Back