PS Plus or Now

SAFC_FTM

Midfield
Got my lad a pS5 for Christmas.
Previously he had a switch and there's only one option of online subscription for Nintendo but I notice that Sony have PS Plus and PS Now.

From what I gather Plus is for online gaming against his mates and Now is for a back catalogue of games.
Am I correct in this or am I missing something?
Just wondering which one is best for him. I'm guessing PS Now will just be older games so maybe not a good option for PS5?

Yeah you're pretty much right. With PS Plus on PS5 you also get something called PS Plus Collection included, which gives you some PS4 games to play as well. Also you get 2 free games a month with PS Plus, and can play games against people online. That's the best option

If he wants to play online with mates get Ps Plus, as mentioned above you will get these games included for PS5 plus new games every month (although these aren't usually worth it). A 12-month subscription will save you in the long run, think it's around £36 on amazon and I'm sure there will be black Friday sales. PS5 players can play online with PS4 players.

PS Now has a library of something like 700 games but it's quite expensive, think the cheapest is around £8.99 a month, kind of like a Netlfix service where you stream the games. I used a free month years ago and found it quite laggy and buggy but it may be better now. They don't tend to have the latest games on there but a lot of classic games are on.

If he wants to play online with mates get Ps Plus, as mentioned above you will get these games included for PS5 plus new games every month (although these aren't usually worth it). A 12-month subscription will save you in the long run, think it's around £36 on amazon and I'm sure there will be black Friday sales. PS5 players can play online with PS4 players.

PS Now has a library of something like 700 games but it's quite expensive, think the cheapest is around £8.99 a month, kind of like a Netlfix service where you stream the games. I used a free month years ago and found it quite laggy and buggy but it may be better now. They don't tend to have the latest games on there but a lot of classic games are on.
Definitely PS+ above PS Now.

That's a great collection of games in the PS Collection. If you've had a PS4 you've probably played a lot of them but if you're new to playstation its a hell of a collection to get started with.

CDkeys have 12 months PS now subscriptions for £33.99, which I thought was decent (link)

The games library is fairly old but there's a few crackers on there. MGS being the prime example!

Back