Protein Packed Snacks and Meals

Status
Not open for further replies.

UaeExile

Winger
Post yours here:

A McDonald’s bacon, egg, and cheese breakfast sandwich has 420 calories and a whopping 23 grams of fat.

I set off in search of something better, healthier, but equally as delicious. This is what I found...

1 x slice bacon with fat removed, or even better, turkey bacon
2 x large egg (one yolk removed)
1 x slice of low fat cheese
1 x 100 calorie, high fiber English muffin

Half the calories, less than half the fat, and a good 18 grams of protein. Not a bad way to start your day and it can be prepared the night before, and even frozen!

Post yours here:

A McDonald’s bacon, egg, and cheese breakfast sandwich has 420 calories and a whopping 23 grams of fat.

I set off in search of something better, healthier, but equally as delicious. This is what I found...

Half the calories, less than half the fat, and a good 18 grams of protein. Not a bad way to start your day and it can be prepared the night before, and even frozen!

Wouldn't consider 18 grams of protein has protein-packed personally.

Just done this in for my tea, will set me up nicely for a ten mile run later:

Couscous with roasted tomato and basil, tuna and sweetcorn with sweet chilli sauce drizzled over, 60g carbs, 45g protein. Comes in at about 550 calories:

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
Post yours here:

shite

For breakfast I normally have an instant oats shake (got them from myprotein) and a banana. I prefer not to load up on protein on a morning and save it for later in the day as I normally don't train until after work.

Never been one for a large breakfast as I hate feeling bloated. I prefer to have a protein bar (half before and half after training) and/or a protein packed evening meal.

For breakfast I normally have an instant oats shake (got them from myprotein) and a banana. I prefer not to load up on protein on a morning and save it for later in the day as I normally don't train until after work.

Never been one for a large breakfast as I hate feeling bloated. I prefer to have a protein bar (half before and half after training) and/or a protein packed evening meal.

There's no need to cram huge amounts of protein around a workout mate. Same with the post-workout shakes, totally unnecessary from a timing perspective.

There's no need to cram huge amounts of protein around a workout mate. Same with the post-workout shakes, totally unnecessary from a timing perspective.

I agree with that but for me a lot of the effect is pyschological. I can focus much better mentally when I'm on the weights if I've eaten some form of protein or energy food before hand.

I agree with that but for me a lot of the effect is pyschological. I can focus much better mentally when I'm on the weights if I've eaten some form of protein or energy food before hand.

That's fair enough then, because that's laregely what it comes down to, finding something that works best for you.

I use the MuscleTech gear but that's just because they don't have much choice here. I'm led to believe the myprotein.com website is the most economical choice.

Try Dolphin fitness mate even better for value protein.

Can get a kilo of whey for 16 quid or 5 kilo for 46 quid last time i checked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back