Prostate Cancer

I'm scheduled for surgery for this shortly and have been amazed at how many people have had it. Most people I've talked to know someone who has had it. Worryingly, most are also unaware of the symptoms.

Apparently, it's been bubbling away for years and I haven't connected the dots, just believing the symptoms were part of getting on a bit or straining something when lifting etc. Please Gentlemen (and Ladies - you all have men in your life) take two minutes to have a look at the symptoms on these sites (Disclaimer: this isn't a recommendation and other sites are available etc...;));

Symptoms

Prostate Cancer - Symptoms and Signs

The earlier you identify the bugger the easier the treatment!

Last edited:

Cheers, it all looks positive and the number of people who've gone through the same and are "fixed" is very encouraging, too. Just wish I'd realised and gone to the Doc's earlier.

Last edited:
Good luck mate..i found out last year that my Dad has it..it's really bad anarl. it's got into his bones so basically he's on borrowed time..i went and got my checked at my GPs..mine's ok and yes he did check for enlargement..two fingers anarl..i'm over 50 and I've been telling everyone I know 50+ to get it checked out.

Cheers for the good wishes everyone, it really is appreciated.

Good luck mate..i found out last year that my Dad has it..it's really bad anarl. it's got into his bones so basically he's on borrowed time..i went and got my checked at my GPs..mine's ok and yes he did check for enlargement..two fingers anarl..i'm over 50 and I've been telling everyone I know 50+ to get it checked out.

Oh man, gutted to hear about your dad. I was lucky in that respect, but hearing that has hit home. Hopefully he'll be around for some time yet.

You're doing a great thing by telling people. I bet you've noticed some concerned looks on peoples faces as they recognize some things that could warrant checking.

Last edited:
I'm scheduled for surgery for this shortly and have been amazed at how many people have had it. Most people I've talked to know someone who has had it. Worryingly, most are also unaware of the symptoms.

Apparently, it's been bubbling away for years and I haven't connected the dots, just believing the symptoms were part of getting on a bit or straining something when lifting etc. Please Gentlemen (and Ladies - you all have men in your life) take two minutes to have a look at the symptoms on these sites (Disclaimer: this isn't a recommendation and other sites are available etc...;));

Symptoms

Prostate Cancer - Symptoms and Signs

The earlier you identify the bugger the easier the treatment!

Good luck mate, best mate's dad had surgery for this in Feb. Said the thing that hurt the most was pulling the catheter out!

One of the symptoms not listed there and is often missed is lower back ache. FiL complained of it for years and they put it down to other things. When he finally got diagnosed twenty odd years later then said an increasing number of men had reported that when diagnosed.

That has me wincing, may just bite on my belt when it happens.

FiL has to insert and remove on a daily basis to stop scarring from building up. He's very used to it.

Get into sounding marra. You'll find you end up loving it.

Last edited:
One of the symptoms not listed there and is often missed is lower back ache. FiL complained of it for years and they put it down to other things. When he finally got diagnosed twenty odd years later then said an increasing number of men had reported that when diagnosed.

D. I think it may be mentioned on the 2nd site, after the first set of symptoms. I had intermittent back pain, that I put down to poor lifting technique at work. I didn't associate it as a symptom until thinking back after diagnosis.

Get into sounding marra. You'll find you end up loving it.

Never heard of it, but had a quick look. Think I'd rather not have too.

Last edited:

Back