property developing

That pipeline will look pretty empty after Brexit. I just hope some have enough goodwill stored up.
There's wrong'un's in every walk of life, always been the case, it's silly stereotyping people because of that though. Tradesmen will find work, even if it's not in their chosen trade, they have the skills that transfer to many other types of work, so they don't just rely on goodwill.
In my experience, London's a pretty poor city to find reliable people in general, it's the nature of the place, it used to drive me nuts, a city full of people tripping over themselves to make money, but, it is what it is, you either live with it, or move.

I've not met the guy. He came on a recommendation. I asked him to come quote. Never met the guy before other than a phone call where I said I wanted a certain shape shower tray. If this is the disdain you treat your customers with I can see why tradesmen have a bad rep. I mean all I wanted was help and to pay the guy. I had a velux installed last week no bother. He'll get repeat business as will his mate who made it good afterwards
tbf it has happened to me before and I'm the nicest guy in the world. A simple call to explain they can not make it and to rearrange goes along way. No call and no show tells me the builder at best is forgetful and at worst just rude, either way I wouldn't want him on a job. Best leave him alone. He will still get plenty of work for now not to worry about his customer service skills however when the economy changes and work becomes harder to win then he might wish he had been a little bit more careful.

It was agreed a week ago. The responses so fsr on this thread have pretty much been spot on about the money grabbing tax avoiding tradesmen
Like I said before most are hard working and pay their tax, first decent accountant I had told me I was paying to much tax and not claiming for some expenses took me three years to get back a percentage. The biggest greedy tax avoiding people go to work in hand made suits and silk ties, one is even president of the USA

I would love it if I could afford to do it.

I'm actually looking forward to being off sick in a couple of weeks so I can watch back to back Homes under the Hammer :lol:
I watched loads of it when I was on paternity leave. Was absolutely buzzing when there was an episode in Houghton. I need to get a life. :lol:

Back