property developing

The Snowman

Central Defender
anybody tried their hand at it?
on a similar theme, anybody looked to purchase a foreign property, either for later retirement or holiday use or let

Last edited:

I would love to give it a crack when I am older, but no chance I’m buying a foreign property as it seems to me to be to many things that can go wrong with there local councils, happy to be put right and someone tell me it’s easy mind

I would love to give it a crack when I am older, but no chance I’m buying a foreign property as it seems to me to be to many things that can go wrong with there local councils, happy to be put right and someone tell me it’s easy mind
im obsessed with homes under the hammer and place in the sun
yeah i was thinking if diplomatic ties between our countries got dodgy they might just confiscate the house and kick you out

on a similar theme, anybody looked to purchase a foreign property, either for later retirement or holiday use or let
I looked at a few homes in the last month just around Ottawa,my kid plans to work there when he graduates,looked at houses and prices.

I would love it if I could afford to do it.

I'm actually looking forward to being off sick in a couple of weeks so I can watch back to back Homes under the Hammer :lol:

I would love it if I could afford to do it.

I'm actually looking forward to being off sick in a couple of weeks so I can watch back to back Homes under the Hammer :lol:
I'm going to be off myself soon for a couple of weeks and BBC morning TV is one thing I'll be looking forward to. Love homes under the hammer and bargain hunt especially xx hope you get a good rest up missus xx

Do you know anything about trades, project management, construction sequences, taxation related to buying and selling houses?

Probably best to research some of the above rather than rely on homes under the hammer as your knowledge source.

Do you know anything about trades, project management, construction sequences, taxation related to buying and selling houses?

Probably best to research some of the above rather than rely on homes under the hammer as your knowledge source.
Project managing tradesmen is like catching custard. Unreliable twats that prey on people that don't know what they're doing. And tax dodgers.

A hypocrite would be one description on the basis of your contribution to this thread.
No no. Come on. What is a banker.
You are just dealing with the wrong ones. There's plenty of good honest lads just going about earning a living imo.
Come down here then. They drop you in an instant for a marginally better job. I now use mates and mates of mates only. It's taken me 2 eeks to get a Gardner to come and quite me and a month for 3 people to get a quote for a retile of a shower cubicle.

Last edited:

Back