Proper Roker End

Remember vividly a League Cup game against Norwich. Went to the chip shop at full time and just held the fish and chips to get warmth and feeling back into my hands.
One August bank holiday game we bowled down in blazing sunshine. Ten minutes into the game it pissed down, like drownded rats.

Happier times.

Remember vividly a League Cup game against Norwich. Went to the chip shop at full time and just held the fish and chips to get warmth and feeling back into my hands.
One August bank holiday game we bowled down in blazing sunshine. Ten minutes into the game it pissed down, like drownded rats.

Happier times.
my first 30-40 games were all in the RE bar notts county 78 or 79 3-0 win clock stand and 1980 southampton fulwell,never made it to the main stand until around 1987/88,i think the norwich game might of been a 1-2 defeat around 83 with pop getting our goal aged 38

Happier times.
The Norwich match was me oldest boy's first game (he would be 6yrs old) Sat him on a barrier and subjected him to not only a defeat but as you say. it was bloody perishing. Do i feel guilty? Not likely, my first game was at the same age, in the Roker End circa 1963/64. Character building:lol::lol::lol:

I get it back in the day, but in the early 90s/late 80s, in a crowd of 12000, in the pissing rain, walking up to roker park and thinking, aye, it's the roker end for me tonight.
Mental!

I used to love it, late 80s til the end of roker. Was always my favourite end the roker end, didn't seem to care about the cold or rain when I was a kid.

Who were the mad bastards who used to stand on the roker end in weather like last night?
Always amazed me that, 3 sides of roker were covered, the roker could be battered by the weather on a Tuesday night in November v someone shit and hardly souls would decide on the roker end.

Last night was just cold

Like you say had far worse at Roker

Soft as muck people nowadays

Back