Proof that McDonalds staff are thick as mince...

I'm a manager in McDonalds and the way some customers gan on and speak to the younger members of staff is unreal, the majority are just young people leaving school or part time at uni. It does have the stereotype of just having thick people working there (me being one of them) but it's a class job for young people starting out but even I would struggle to find motivation as a youngen when you've got people screaming in your face everyday cos they've had to wait 2 minutes for something. Guaranteed some of the stuff people kick off about they wouldn't kick off about in other places for the same thing, it's just cos it's McDonald's they do it.
Most customers are appreciative that it takes time to make a burger and that..... it's just the dumb one's mate

So I take the bairn in after school for a treat.
He wants a cheeseburger with no sauce or onions on.
I asked for a plain cheeseburger with nothing on.
Wait a few minutes as it’s plain and it has to be made to order.
Bairn gets his cheeseburger and bites into it.
Dad, Dad ... what son.
My cheeseburger hasn’t got any cheese on.
WTF.
I go back to the till. Excuse me mate. The bairns cheeseburger has got no cheese on.
His reply.... you said you wanted a cheese burger with nothing on...
correct mate.. but where the cheese?
You said nothing on it so I put it through as a beef burger.
FFS mate if wanted a plain burger I’d have asked for a burger not a f***ing cheeseburger with no cheese !!!
The lad still didn’t understand why I was laughing at him !!!
His boss had to come over and re do the order.
I got a free McFlurry out of it so was worth it in the end!!

I’m hoping Idris Elba will play me in the movie

Imagine writing all that on a forum, Christ, I hope your child grows up with better crack than this like.

Emabarrasing.

I really don't like people calling other people thick. Some people are more gifted than others and luckier to have a better education. No one knows what others have to endure in childhood which may effect them in later life.

I'm a manager in McDonalds and the way some customers gan on and speak to the younger members of staff is unreal, the majority are just young people leaving school or part time at uni. It does have the stereotype of just having thick people working there (me being one of them) but it's a class job for young people starting out but even I would struggle to find motivation as a youngen when you've got people screaming in your face everyday cos they've had to wait 2 minutes for something. Guaranteed some of the stuff people kick off about they wouldn't kick off about in other places for the same thing, it's just cos it's McDonald's they do it.

Loved working at Maccys me, any **** that got arsey we just got arsey back, best job I’ve ever had and taught me the fundamentals of how to run a business tbh it’s the factory button pressers who don’t have a clue, especially when their job will be replaced soon by a robot. What then.. might get a job on the drive through.

McDonalds gets an unfair rap with order issues imo. Go to a “proper” restaurant and they make plenty of mistakes with a tiny fraction of the overall orders. I’m convinced people who kick off in McDonalds wouldn’t do it in a proper restaurant, basically bullying because the staff are young / bottom of the food chain people.

I actually agree tbh. People tend to come across all superior when dealing with McDonald’s staff which is pretty pathetic really

Loved working at Maccys me, any **** that got arsey we just got arsey back, best job I’ve ever had and taught me the fundamentals of how to run a business tbh it’s the factory button pressers who don’t have a clue, especially when their job will be replaced soon by a robot. What then.. might get a job on the drive through.
Aren't you an estate agent?

I actually agree tbh. People tend to come across all superior when dealing with McDonald’s staff which is pretty pathetic really

Say you went to a restaurant and got given a normal coke instead of a diet coke you would simply say summit like 'sorry but I think I've been given the wrong coke, I asked for a diet one's and it would get changed ne bother cos it's a simple mistake. In mcdonalds someone would barge past everyone 'HEW HOW HARD IS IT TO GET A f***ing DRINK RIGHT I ASKED FOR A DIET COKE NOT A NORMAL ONE ARE YOU'S THAT THICK YOU CANT GET A SIMPLE THING RIGHT I WANT MY WHOLE MEAL REPLACING'

7 pages for something that didn’t happen.

If you use the touch screens there is an option of “plain cheeseburger” (in the Happy Meal section anyway, I’ve never tried looking for a plain cheeseburger in the adults menu) so it actually an item on the menu. Unless the OP has asked for it in a really awkward way (in which case he is the thick one) there is no chance this actually happened.

Dad, Dad ... what son.
WTF.
I go back to the till. Excuse me mate. The bairns cheeseburger has got no cheese on.
FFS mate if wanted a plain burger I’d have asked for a burger not a f***ing cheeseburger with no cheese !!!

I want to get a mc ds now

Last edited:
Dad, Dad ... what son.
WTF.

I’m hoping Idris Elba will play me in the movie
Did you enjoy your first shift ? Don’t worry it will get easier !!

I would imagine you would learn a hell of a lot working at macdonalds as a young un.Plenty in respect if communication skillls, teamwork and grafting that could help going forward.

Just to be clear. I didn’t kick off. I was laughing at how stupid his interpretation of my order was. I found it quite amusing.

Back