Proof of the after life

Well I’d imagine it won’t be. So I’m basing my opinion on the fact my heart has stopped, I’ve been through it and there is no medical evidence to give any indication there is an afterlife. You can’t blame me for that surely?

I’d love to believe I have a future but through my experience I think when I’m gone I’m gone. Also the fact I can’t remember a thing before I was born is proof it’s possible there is a state of nothing.

Not at all mate. And, I don't think near death experiences are anything more than a few minutes of concious awareness not much of an after life really.

I do believe the bloke could have had an out of body experience though. Lots of people with similar experiences to your own have claimed so.

Not at all mate. And, I don't think near death experiences are anything more than a few minutes of concious awareness not much of an after life really.

I do believe the bloke could have had an out of body experience though. Lots of people with similar experiences to your own have claimed so.
I lost consciousness because I was losing blood. I can remember my whole body felt like it was filled with needles and it was a really nice feeling. Felt like I was laid floating on a calm sea. Then I woke up the next day and was told what had happened. That was because I was dying and I had little blood to keep me alive.

I’ve been through periods of my life where I’ve done drink and drugs for days on end and when falling asleep I’ve had really vivid images that seemed real to me but it’s just your mind working on it’s own. It’s an amazing thing and because you go through it it’s absolutely real. No less real than seeing something in real life because if it’s in your head then you’ve experienced it.

I suspect it was simply a lucid dream. Your body sends all sorts of defence mechanisms when it’s attacked so it could just be a coping mechanism.

I don't particularly believe there is a God, I'd like to think there is something but I do believe in reincarnation, the reason, it has to be a bit shit if your only chance of life is not even taking a breath.

I lost consciousness because I was losing blood. I can remember my whole body felt like it was filled with needles and it was a really nice feeling. Felt like I was laid floating on a calm sea. Then I woke up the next day and was told what had happened. That was because I was dying and I had little blood to keep me alive.

I’ve been through periods of my life where I’ve done drink and drugs for days on end and when falling asleep I’ve had really vivid images that seemed real to me but it’s just your mind working on it’s own. It’s an amazing thing and because you go through it it’s absolutely real. No less real than seeing something in real life because if it’s in your head then you’ve experienced it.

I suspect it was simply a lucid dream. Your body sends all sorts of defence mechanisms when it’s attacked so it could just be a coping mechanism.

I suppose it could have been a dream. Sam Parnia is the doctor who did the research I mentioned earlier and believes it's possible to witness your death.

Here's a link to an article based on his early findings.

The seven ways to have a near-death experience

He's currently teamed up with other US and European scientists doing a big research program into it.

I suppose it could have been a dream. Sam Parnia is the doctor who did the research I mentioned earlier and believes it's possible to witness your death.

Here's a link to an article based on his early findings.

The seven ways to have a near-death experience

He's currently teamed up with other US and European scientists doing a big research program into it.
Had a skim through that. It’s a mental thing but I can’t bring myself to read about others experience of it. I makes me feel like I will die or something. It badly effects me. If I’m in bed on a night and hear my heart it freaks me out. It’s a huge thing to go through.

I absolutely believe it’s lucid dreams. I’ve had them since I went through that. I once stood at my windowsill and told my wife I was having a pint. When she told me I should come back to bed I told her I’d shove a pint glass up her arse and hug her so hard it broke. Where the fuck did that come from? I’ve never heard or seen such a thing and I certainly wouldn’t do it to anyone let alone the person I loved more than anyone.

Your brain can do what it wants. When you’re sleeping it can take you anywhere. In 500 years we will probably be able to explain that article.

Did they cop a huge grant for this 'research' by any chance :lol:

I would imagine so. The findings in the linked article come from a study of over 2000 cardiac arrest events though.

It's only science trying to learn more, and clearly there is more to understand about the brain and consciousness.

I would imagine so. The findings in the linked article come from a study of over 2000 cardiac arrest events though.

It's only science trying to learn more, and clearly there is more to understand about the brain and consciousness.

Absolutely ridiculous imo.

So many serious health issues to address and money is being wasted on this.

What possible benefits could there be?

None but then why go to the moon. People simply want to know. It’s human achievement isn’t it. You could say why build the angel of the north. Some money has to be spent on pleasing people.

It could help people who experience it cope with some of the after effects, like PTSD for instance.

I've no idea where the money comes from, so can't comment whether it's value or not.

None but then why go to the moon. People simply want to know. It’s human achievement isn’t it. You could say why build the angel of the north. Sipome money has to be spent on pleasing people.

They'll prove nothing, please no one and waste all the money ... guaranteed.

It could help people who experience it cope with some of the after effects, like PTSD for instance.

I've no idea where the money comes from, so can't comment whether it's value or not.

How?

Back