Proof of the after life

We're told the universe is expanding which suggests there must be new energy and matter being created somehow.
Ah right, the expansion is due to the cosmoligical constant, or "Dark Energy", which you're right nobody knows wtf that is, but it's been around since the Big Bang. There is no extra matter/energy being created by it. It's a constant energy forcing space to expand. If you're referring to "Dark Matter", then that's something we have "observed" in distant galaxies which makes them spin faster than our laws of General Relativity can account for. Again, it's there, we can "measure" it, and it isn't being created from nothing. No new energy is being created.

Our laws need to be adjusted tbf. It's obvious from the fact that Relativity and Quantum Mechanics are incompatible that we've made a mistake somewhere along the line. Where that somewhere is... nobody knows.

For something to be permanent it can never differ but is unchanging, absolute, unconditioned.

If something differs or changes it cannot be permanent but temporary, relative, conditioned.

It doesn't change. It's always different along the line. In the same way a footy sock never changes but be red but with a a white trim at the top.

It doesn't change. It's always different along the line. In the same way a footy sock never changes but be red but with a a white trim at the top.

Hmm. So we are comparing consciousness to a football sock.

The football sock does change. It changes shape and colour. It has Form. We see that form with our sense organ for sight. We will then have a Feeling or Sensation we attach to that Form of like, dislike or neutral. In the case of a football sock at this stage that is likely to be neutral. We then objectify the Form and associated Feeling into a construct of the mind, a concept that we label. We have Perceived a football sock. Mental processes will then compare that sock to other data stored in our brain which will cause a reaction depending whether it is Newcastle, Sunderland or some other team we don't care about. This will cause an impulse, reaction, response or Volition towards that object. It will then enter our consciousness as a cognitive experience. The entire process is simply a metal construct. Over time that sock will lose colour, stretch and change form. It is affected by time whereas our consciousness is not.

Consciousness is consciousness, it is the objects observed with that consciousness that change.

The football sock does change. It changes shape and colour. It has Form. We see that form with our sense organ for sight. We will then have a Feeling or Sensation we attach to that Form of like, dislike or neutral. In the case of a football sock at this stage that is likely to be neutral. We then objectify the Form and associated Feeling into a construct of the mind, a concept that we label. We have Perceived a football sock. Mental processes will then compare that sock to other data stored in our brain which will cause a reaction depending whether it is Newcastle, Sunderland or some other team we don't care about. This will cause an impulse, reaction, response or Volition towards that object. It will then enter our consciousness as a cognitive experience. The entire process is simply a metal construct. Over time that sock will lose colour, stretch and change form. It is affected by time whereas our consciousness is not.

Consciousness is consciousness, it is the objects observed with that consciousness that change.

You are wasting your time with @dangermows :lol:

Good points. And let's not forget, footy socks can't fly.

Good points. And let's not forget, footy socks can't fly.

I can assure you that if I discovered Newcastle football socks in my drawer they would be seen flying, straight through the air to the waste basket.

However, you have objectified consciousness and said it's always different along the line.

How did you manage to experience consciousness with consciousness if it is all one permanent consciousness?

All one permanent consciousness, differs like a sliding scale.

I can assure you that if I discovered Newcastle football socks in my drawer they would be seen flying, straight through the air to the waste basket.

However, you have objectified consciousness and said it's always different along the line.

How did you manage to experience consciousness with consciousness if it is all one permanent consciousness?

All I know is I could fly about outside my body. And watch my body asleep. It also knacked when going back in. I feel sorry for those who can't.

All I know is I could fly about outside my body. And watch my body asleep. It also knacked when going back in. I feel sorry for those who can't.

I was just posing a question to be honest and it was sincere.

How did you manage to experience consciousness with consciousness if it is all one permanent consciousness

This is just a thought and I make no claim regarding it's reality.

If we think of the Permanent and the Temporary. If we consider the Permanent to be a Singularity that we can all experience as individual Temporary beings, consciousness in a vacuity within us. Would it be possible for the Permanent in me to be conscious of the Permanent in you? In other words, for the consciousness in me to be conscious of the consciousness in you? The Temporary would effectively act as a mirror.

So you were asleep dreaming you were flying around outside your body.

So you were asleep dreaming you were flying around outside your body.
Sounds a bit like an odd experience I had years ago. I had fallen asleep sitting up on the sofa at my parents. I think I was in my teens at the time and not used to falling asleep in the middle of the day. I had a dream that I woke up a bit disorientated, felt my neck being a bit uncomfortable, looked on front to see my feet stretched out in front of me, looked out the window and let my gaze slowly move across the patio, noticed it was sunny, gazed slowly round the room, looked at the clock but for some reason I could not work out the time, the dial made no sense or might not have had pointers. Minutes later, I woke up, did exactly as I had in my dream but could clearly read the clock, remembered my dream and had the odd deja vu feeling.

I don't think there was anything magic or supernatural about it. It was a very familiar place (my house) and I had a vivid dream about it. Perhaps I had even opened my eyes a little in my sleep. Still left an odd slightly spooky feeling that I have always remembered.

Sounds a bit like an odd experience I had years ago. I had fallen asleep sitting up on the sofa at my parents. I think I was in my teens at the time and not used to falling asleep in the middle of the day. I had a dream that I woke up a bit disorientated, felt my neck being a bit uncomfortable, looked on front to see my feet stretched out in front of me, looked out the window and let my gaze slowly move across the patio, noticed it was sunny, gazed slowly round the room, looked at the clock but for some reason I could not work out the time, the dial made no sense or might not have had pointers. Minutes later, I woke up, did exactly as I had in my dream but could clearly read the clock, remembered my dream and had the odd deja vu feeling.

I don't think there was anything magic or supernatural about it. It was a very familiar place (my house) and I had a vivid dream about it. Perhaps I had even opened my eyes a little in my sleep. Still left an odd slightly spooky feeling that I have always remembered.
I've had dreams like that and I think we all have but Dangermows is saying his 'spirit' left his body and he could conciously fly it around the room, he is not saying he was dreaming, he is either lying or bonkers.

I've had dreams like that and I think we all have but Dangermows is saying his 'spirit' left his body and he could conciously fly it around the room, he is not saying he was dreaming, he is either lying or bonkers.
A lot of the first plus a bit of the second. Biggest attention seeker on here.

Yes, I had an experience like that around 40 years ago and to be fair it was such an experience that I've never forgotten it. I was hovering above myself in bed when I was asleep and on 'returning to my body' it was with a bit of a shock. It was very vivid. At the time I probably thought as DM does as a possibility (or that it may have been a dream) because that is the nature of the experience but over time I've abandoned the concept that there is an entity within this body, a soul, spirit or being even if there is consciousness. In fact I haven't believed that for a very long time. I just think I had a very vivid dream.

I woke up one day and there was a brown substance, drying on my skin.

I often wonder what caused that

Back