Proof of the after life

My main concern about it is that I'm fairly sure it'll be painful as fuck. The way you describe it there sounds alright, slowly drifting away serenely. I always think though, surely since at some point you stop breathing, it must feel like being suffocated. I don't see how the heart could stop pumping without the after effects of that being agonising. I might be wrong like because you do see old people who have just almost fell asleep when they've died, but I don't understand the process

Well this is the second neurological stage after the breathing and the heart have stopped. By everyday medical standards physical death of the body has already occurred and I am sure that first stage will be distressing but that stage will obviously pass. The Tibetans have made a study of NDEs and correlations to meditation for centuries and they describe it as a process of dissolution as various functions and abilities dissolve away. The physiological stage is described in terms of feeling very heavy and unable to move the body, then being swept away by a huge river or sinking in an ocean, then as a rush of sparks as if through a chimney and finally as a flickering light like that of a candle. The second neurological stage is likened to being in a vacuity of white light, then a warmer orange/red light and then a brilliant blackness, all with little sense of time if any. The ability of the brain to conceptualise will have ceased and then thought altogether at this point. The sense of self will come to an end and at this point it will feel like the end of consciousness. I think some religions call this the Abyss. They say the consciousness then re-emerges in a transparent vacuity called the Clear Light of Reality before finally leaving the body. However, I am sure the experience is individual to some extent.

Last edited:

Poor edit. As a proof, how about the laws of thermodynamics? Energy can not be created or destroyed only converted from one form to another. My brain is currently using electrical energy which it has obtained by digesting my breakfast. Same as the movement of my fingers. It has all been fuelled in some way.

Ghosts/spirits/afterlife are not consuming energy, therefore they can not expend it. As well as not having a physical brain, any afterlife must live in a zero energy state, which makes all thought and movement impossible. Here is a proof it can’t exist but no proof has ever been given that can explain how ghosts can exist in our physical universe.

Interesting proof, could you answer a couple of questions that it brings to mind?

Where does our energy go when we die?
Why must afterlife live in a zero energy state when the universe has more energy than can be accounted for by e=mc^2?

For something to be permanent it can never differ but is unchanging, absolute, unconditioned.

If something differs or changes it cannot be permanent but temporary, relative, conditioned.
I don't know how but I understand that.

Interesting proof, could you answer a couple of questions that it brings to mind?

Where does our energy go when we die?
Why must afterlife live in a zero energy state when the universe has more energy than can be accounted for by e=mc^2?
Our energy goes to many places. Some is lost through heat initially. The chemical energy that would have been converted to electrical energy stays in the body. As you decompose, a lot of that is lost as heat, in much the same way as a compost heap gets warm. Depending on where your body is, you also become food for bacteria, insects, worms etc. Your stored energy is then used to sustain them.

Our energy goes to many places. Some is lost through heat initially. The chemical energy that would have been converted to electrical energy stays in the body. As you decompose, a lot of that is lost as heat, in much the same way as a compost heap gets warm. Depending on where your body is, you also become food for bacteria, insects, worms etc. Your stored energy is then used to sustain them.
Worms?

Just to clarify @DaveH's post, Energy is never "lost", it merely changes state. He knew that of course.
the universe has more energy than can be accounted for by e=mc^2?
This is wrong. e=mc^2 says nothing about the total amount of energy in the Universe, I don't even know where you've got that from tbh.

The total positive energy output of every object in the Universe is directly proportional to it's negative gravitational input, meaning that, as a whole, the entire Universal energy amounts to 0 (zero). It cancels out.

It's quite the mind fuck.

Last edited:
Just to clarify @DaveH's post, Energy is never "lost", it merely changes state. He knew that of course.

This is wrong. e=mc^2 says nothing about the total amount of energy in the Universe, I don't even know where you've got that from tbh.

The total positive energy output of every object in the Universe is directly proportional to it's negative gravitational input, meaning that, as a whole, the entire Universal energy amounts to 0 (zero). It cancels out.

I didn't explain myself very well. The equation was to show energy and matter are equivalent. We're told the universe is expanding which suggests there must be new energy and matter being created somehow.

Back