Promising young woman

Film, premiered on sky today. Been nominated for numerous Oscars.

Been years since the ending of a film has made me sit in silence like that did. Won’t post spoilers or the plot, give it a watch.
Watched it tonight. To be honest the ending spoilt it a little for me.

would have liked the boyfriend to have not been involved, also would have liked the lass to have lived (possibly set up a fake rape scene or something instead)

Was still a very good watch though.
Any hints of what it's about?
A promising young woman.

Is it woke? Or on the level?
Honestly, some of the things you type leave me scratching my head.

What are you asking here? You want a revenge film, but you might be put off if the revenge is politically correct?

Like, you're keen to get behind a bit of revenge, but only so long as it's a Strong Man that's been wronged in the form of, what, a property violation?

Everyone loves John Wick. But I honestly feel like you're asking "is this like John Wick but he's from the 70's and he kills some black people and there's a bit of sexual violence?"
And if it's a no to the above question, you're out?

If this isn't what you're saying, I'd really appreciate an interpretation of where you're coming from. Trying to interpret it and I just can't get my head round how you think.

That’s her in the film.

I’m not sure if you watch lots of films, you’d likely have seen her in Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps, Drive and The Great Gatsby.
I don't watch many films and haven't done for the last 10 to 15 years, I haven't got a clue where actors are concerned, there's a generation I've probably not seen 90% of.

Back