Progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying 'my way is the right way', infact literally a matter of minutes ago I recommended intermittent fasting, which is something I don't follow and have never followed. Whereas just because some people you know haven't ended up in some sort of coma through a diet, you defend it's effect on health, disregard basic biophysics and are of the opinion that everybody who hasn't tried the diet as unaware.

You really think if these diets could cause comas, they'd be legal? :lol:

They're a quick low calorie diet, nothing more, nothing less. Not to be used every day of every year, but for a few months.

I'm getting more nutrition doing them, with admittedly less carbs, but still, i'm healthier than i was, and no one can tell me different.

You really think if these diets could cause comas, they'd be legal? :lol:

They're a quick low calorie diet, nothing more, nothing less. Not to be used every day of every year, but for a few months.

I'm getting more nutrition doing them, with admittedly less carbs, but still, i'm healthier than i was, and no one can tell me different.

I didn't say it caused comas, I said that just because somebody hasn't suffered from seriously noticable ill-health, you maintain that there is nothing wrong with them.

How the fuck are you getting 'more nutrition' from such a low calorie diet, that makes no sense, unless you're referring to micronutrients, in which case you must of had horrendous eating habits if eating at something that doesn't even support your basal metabolic needs is healthier than what you were doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't say it caused comas, I said that just because somebody hasn't suffered from seriously noticable ill-health, you maintain that there is nothing wrong with them.

You must of had horrendous eating habits if eating at something that doesn't even support your basal metabolic needs is healthier than what you were doing.

My eating habits were eating basically once a day, which like i said, i wasn't losing weight and i wasn't gaining weight. It was still unhealthy.

After my diet i'll be introducing more food, healthier food to go with my exercise, which should see me right.

Like I said, my mam, and nana for that matter, are proof it's not as hard as people try and make out because they don't understand it and only think their way is the right way.

But you disregard them facts, and they are facts, as I see them every day.
haven't you said that once in a while they use these methods for special occasions? Do they just keep getting thinner each time?

haven't you said that once in a while they use these methods for special occasions? Do they just keep getting thinner each time?

Well, like they're going on holiday in may, so they'll do a week or two back on it so they don't have to worry about what they eat or drink whilst away.

Every time you try to defend this diet of shakes, you make them sound less and less healthy, tbh.

Every time you try to defend this diet of shakes, you make them sound less and less healthy, tbh.

It helps that i don't care what anyone else thinks aslong as i know it's working for me and has done for people i know who's used it..

Don't get me wrong, i understand where you and Ross and the others come from, but, it's working for me so there for i'll continue and finish the next 5 weeks off.

I'm not aiming at this at Scott, but you hear of so many people putting the fat back on after these crash diets due to not actually understanding how nutrion works. Its a quick fix for people who aren't prepared to educate themselves which 90% of the time leads back to poor eating habits, IMO.

Only if you're weak minded and go back to bad habits.

I'm by no means weak minded, by normally I mean my usual healthy living, but just more than 1000 cals a day. If I had 1000 calories a day for say, a month, and lost 2 stone (I'm plucking numbers out of the air here), I'd put back on around half of that in the first few weeks of eating, even if I was sticking to the "recommended" amount of calories for a man.

I do far too much to survive on that, I'd be sleeping 12 hours a day and too tired to do anything if I wasn't fueling properly, but that's why I said it's all about personal goals, and if it works for you and the others then it's great.

Last edited:
I'm not aiming at this at Scott, but you hear of so many people putting the fat back on after these crash diets due to not actually understanding how nutrion works. Its a quick fix for people who aren't prepared to educate themselves which 90% of the time leads back to poor eating habits, IMO.

Aye, I went on a forum dedicated to these kind of diets and tbh, i'd say over half of the people who do them, put it back on and more..

One of the reaons i voted for this sub forum was to get advice and learn about what to have and what not to have, this is just for some quick weight loss to set me on my way (and for my holiday) i won't use them again when i start my " proper " diet.

I'm going to knock up a thread tonight (I said I'd do it over the weekend but was quite busy) on macronutrients, macronutrient requirements and some of the basics when it comes to nutirition because I think a lot more people would find 'dieting' more enjoyable if they understood some of the basic concepts that aren't really common knowledge.

Any chance of mods stickying a couple of threads also? I think the calculating calorie requirements, importance of nutrient intake timing and said macronutrient threads should be stickies as they are quite important for basic nutritional knowledge..

I'm going to knock up a thread tonight (I said I'd do it over the weekend but was quite busy) on macronutrients, macronutrient requirements and some of the basics when it comes to nutirition because I think a lot more people would find 'dieting' more enjoyable if they understood some of the basic concepts that aren't really common knowledge.

Any chance of mods stickying a couple of threads also? I think the calculating calorie requirements, importance of nutrient intake timing and said macronutrient threads should be stickies as they are quite important for basic nutritional knowledge..
yer we need stickies. Be good for some semi-mod type powers just in this section alone. I'd be happy to, or you or Hammer both know your stuff.

You will lose any muscle and will likely end up skinny fat imo. You will start to struggle with exercise if you do a decent amount. Good luck if you've got a lot to shift but not for me. I think 1400ish is the lowest I've done and that was tough.

You will lose any muscle and will likely end up skinny fat imo. You will start to struggle with exercise if you do a decent amount. Good luck if you've got a lot to shift but not for me. I think 1400ish is the lowest I've done and that was tough.

I exercise daily and i'm starting to focus a bit more on muscle work anyway, i'd like to keep my current muscle level. Haven't lost any in the 4 and a bit weeks ive been on it, so another 6 weeks i can't see doing any harm to that.

I exercise daily and i'm starting to focus a bit more on muscle work anyway, i'd like to keep my current muscle level. Haven't lost any in the 4 and a bit weeks ive been on it, so another 6 weeks i can't see doing any harm to that.

Don't bother while you're on your current diet, it's not going to have any benefit.

Yet again, my muscle mass hasn't changed, at all. So, yes it will.

You seem to be from a family of biophysic defying gene-freaks mate, very impressive. How do you know your muscle mass hasn't changed at all by the way? Because I'm sure the world of bodybuilding in particular would be very eager to hear about this extremely low calorie diet that allows for 100% muscle retention.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back