Prog Rock?

Were Rush and Hawkwind prog rock? Two great bands.....Hawkwinds Space Ritual is one of the best live albums ever.
I always thought they were a bit "heavier" than "prog" rock.......which i always thought was shite!!

Seen Rush on their last two tours here, so glad I did as had I put it off I'd probably never would have seen them at all.

Are Primus classed as Prog? Really into them at the moment.

Always thought stuff from that era was quite shite but had a phase of listening to alot of stuff about a year ago and changed my mind.
Might have a dabble back into it.

Don't ask me daft questions!:D

I don't even know the definition of progressive rock, I just happen to know(think?) that floyd , Genesis, elo are probably examples of it?

I just listen to music I like couldn't give a damn what genre it is.

I've seen the mannequin pis , does that count?

Hold on I'll have to do some research, I'll get back to you.

No unless he pisses to music.

2112, Hemispheres, A Farewell To Kings, Permanent Waves. Exit, stage left is a great live album. I liked that era the best
You forgot Moving Pictures. For me though, Grace Under Pressure was one of my favourites even if it isn't considered one of their best. Clockwork Angels has been played to the exclusion of almost everything else since I got it....probably their best since Moving Pictures imo. That said, I like everything they've done.

Just don't listen to the synth era :(

Clockwork Angels was brilliant I thought.

Signals was fairly good. Agree with your second point though.

You forgot Moving Pictures. For me though, Grace Under Pressure was one of my favourites even if it isn't considered one of their best. Clockwork Angels has been played to the exclusion of almost everything else since I got it....probably their best since Moving Pictures imo. That said, I like everything they've done.

Signals was fairly good. Agree with your second point though.

Tbf it's not that bad, there are some good songs from that time but mostly it's not for me.

Back