Prog on tonight about sexual harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lass I know has a FB thread about how a man exposed himself, wanking to her as she walked the bairn through the park. Now these things are dodgy, and need dealing with, but wolf whistles, and "give us smile" calls are really not that bad. Groping women who pass by in the street, on the train, or in a bar is out of order though.

Seems to be a two way street these days (the comments and odd grope on a night out, not the wanking) mind.

Seems to be a two way street these days (the comments and odd grope on a night out, not the wanking) mind.
That's true. Women do feel the lads arses when they've had a few. It's the barmaids who suffer though, when they collect the glasses. They get used as bait to attract the punters, and then not protected properly by the bar owners. I do feel for them, as they're usually students trying to earn a bit of cash.

A lass I know has a FB thread about how a man exposed himself, wanking to her as she walked the bairn through the park. Now these things are dodgy, and need dealing with, but wolf whistles, and "give us smile" calls are really not that bad. Groping women who pass by in the street, on the train, or in a bar is out of order though.

If a lass flashed you and started strumming herself, would you feel harassed?

I agree with you but I do think if a lass is out for a walk and she's constantly getting comments like 'give us a smile' she's going to get pissed off.

Don't think I'd class it a hate crime though

I agree with you but I do think if a lass is out for a walk and she's constantly getting comments like 'give us a smile' she's going to get pissed off.

Agreed. However I've never seen a lad or lass constantly getting stuff said to them. Doubt it would happen.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...caller-hounds-her-in-the-street-a3473006.html

Don't know if this has been posted on here or not but saw it yesterday.

That's shocking, hope she got done.

Yeh she would get fed up, but irritating though it is, she'll be miserable as soon as they stop bothering with her.

I did a quick T-shirt change in the dry ski slope car park in Glasgow last week and got wolf whistled by a couple of lasses going past in a car. I was chuffed to bits! Maybe I should've been outraged instead.

The irony of a rag like the Mirror, who snap female celebrities on beach with their tits out, trying to sensationalise something like this.

I worked at Dewhirst at Pennywell when I was 17.Sometimes had to fetch a jacket or something from where all the lasses were on the machines.It was brutal but stood me in good stead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back