Process for signing a player

How does it work?
Is the player interviewed, or can he only speak to the club if a fee agreed?

Its blatantly obvious by the list of utter charlatans we have signed over the years that we never try to gauge a players character or temperament,even though we get told its something that they take into consideration.

See Chubby Grigg as an example, never wanted to be here.
Due to the fact we didnt have a list of options apart from him (due to our amazing scouting network), we end up signing this fucker, he never wanted to come, and we paid f***ing money for him, and not a f***ing small amount (thank fuck for our budget :) ).

For how not to buy a player, have a look at STID and take a bow Stuart Donald, a master class in fuckupwizardry

What happens in real life is they (players, agents, selling clubs) pull our pants down and f#ck us over until their hearts content.
End of thread.
:) :) we know thats the Sunderland way, wonder how other clubs do it
A lot better than Donald marra. I'm a shit businessman but there's no way I'd have let Wigan shaft me like that. Mind he seemed to be enjoying himself in a masochistic sort of way.

Last edited:
Is it?

I am assuming it isnt usually what Donald did with Grigg

Haway then if you know, how does it work?
School boy stuff this mind, players get tapped up all the time, normally through players who players know, word will get to them the manager is interested. Fergie used to use his english players to tap up players in the England squad.
The letter of the law odms that you can only speak to a player if his club agree, a fee doesnt actually have to be agreed, but normally a fee would be agreed. I'm pretty sure you know this all anyway and dont really know why you want it spelling out

School boy stuff this mind, players get tapped up all the time, normally through players who players know, word will get to them the manager is interested. Fergie used to use his english players to tap up players in the England squad.
The letter of the law odms that you can only speak to a player if his club agree, a fee doesnt actually have to be agreed, but normally a fee would be agreed. I'm pretty sure you know this all anyway and dont really know why you want it spelling out
Doesn’t even answer his question you clever c.unt

Why dont you just fuck off and not comment rather than just been a f***ing pain in the arse, you dont have to comment, but I expect you are like this in real life and just run your mouth

Doesn’t even answer his question you clever c.unt
I beg your pardon, the question was what then if you know, how does it work, there is a brief answer I gave. You rude c.unt
Why dont you just fuck off and not comment rather than just been a f***ing pain in the arse, you dont have to comment, but I expect you are like this in real life and just run your mouth
Well you are asking a ridiculous question. Everyone has an idea how transfers work, players getting tapped up, why are you pretending you dont!

How do you agree but not actually agree? Ah but I'm sure you'll spell it out. Got out of the wrong side of the bed marra?

Meet at Scotch Corner Hotel, offer 20 quid a week more than they were getting and in some cases hoy in a newsagents or a house, but they we got sussed didnt.we?

I beg your pardon, the question was what then if you know, how does it work, there is a brief answer I gave. You rude c.unt

Well you are asking a ridiculous question. Everyone has an idea how transfers work, players getting tapped up, why are you pretending you dont!

In your head, I was wondering what different clubs do, why do we fail so spectacularly at it? If thats ok? And it was you who mentioned tapping up, I wasnt interested in that, it was just how our recruitment process was compared to others

Last edited:

Does every player get tapped up, or do some transfers go through the correct means? Serious question.

Back