Problem with Kids sleeping

Anyone having trouble with their childrens sleep? My 9 year old is really struggling to sleep at night. Often past midnight before she drops off. Causes tears.

Its absolute bloody torture.

10 weeks to go...

Anyone having trouble with their childrens sleep? My 9 year old is really struggling to sleep at night. Often past midnight before she drops off. Causes tears.

10 weeks to go...

Yeah mate. Ours are staying up a lot later than normal - although not as bad as midnight. Ultimately we need to get back to normality as soon as possible.

- Are they getting enough mental stimulation during the day?
- Watching TV or playing computer games before bed can inhibit sleep

Thats the thing. We work from home and its a real struggle to get them to do schoolwork and support them enough. We then need a break ourselves so often fall into the trap of letting them watch TV in the evening.

10 weeks to go...

Yep, got an 8 year old , normal go to bedtime 8/9pm
Last 4 weeks often still awake after midnight, been a few 2am and a remarkable 5am sleep times.
I think the lack of normal routine, seeing her school teachers and friends is starting to have a material impact

Yep, got an 8 year old , normal go to bedtime 8/9pm
Last 4 weeks often still awake after midnight, been a few 2am and a remarkable 5am sleep times.
I think the lack of normal routine, seeing her school teachers and friends is starting to have a material impact

Yep. Im slightly concerned what the effect will be when schools do go back. Our oldest two do share too which really doesnt help at all.

When all this kicked off I had very turbulent dreams, must be more confusing for kids and that coupled with their whole routine being obliterated must be a nightmare for parents. If the Armageddon scenario of a second wave in September-October commencing we have a decision to make as a nation, locking down again or acknowledging kids are incredibly unlikely to be harmed by this and the long term impacts on child’s mental health and education is much graver a threat.

When all this kicked off I had very turbulent dreams, must be more confusing for kids and that coupled with their whole routine being obliterated must be a nightmare for parents. If the Armageddon scenario of a second wave in September-October commencing we have a decision to make as a nation, locking down again or acknowledging kids are incredibly unlikely to be harmed by this and the long term impacts on child’s mental health and education is much graver a threat.
true. I havent had a good night sleep in 6 months now tbf

Yes - she’s coping with everything remarkably well, apart from sleep and needs to be near me as much as possible through the night.

I think there will be a rise in infections from oct/Nov simply because people spend more time in enclosed spaces with others after summer months
Cannot see BJ locking down again mind even if the uk version was ‘lite’

Take her on a 10 mile bike ride.

Kids who are worn out, sleep.
I think there will be a rise in infections from oct/Nov simply because people spend more time in enclosed spaces with others after summer months
Cannot see BJ locking down again mind even if the uk version was ‘lite’
We've got regional lockdowns already.

We're being let out this summer to build up morale, get some money flowing.

As soon as the infections sky rocket in Autumn there's every chance of a national lockdown again.

Last edited:
Yes - she’s coping with everything remarkably well, apart from sleep and needs to be near me as much as possible through the night.
Wow this thread is interesting. We've had the same trouble with the kids sleep ie getting them to sleep. My 7 year old has become incredibly clingy and insists on sleeping with an adult

Back