Problem staying logged in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: Why isn't this site saving my login details......

I've cleared my cookies, yet both at home (using Chrome) and work (using IE) I'm still getting logged out regularly.

keep getting logged out of SMB

Can anyone give me a clue as to why I keep getting logged out of the forum when I don't use it for more than 5 minutes ? it's only just started to happen, I used to be able to keep logged in all the time the computer was on.

Re: keep getting logged out of SMB

close the browser. open browser. delete cookies etc. close broswer. open browser, should work fine. worked for me

Happened to me yesterday.

Logout, clear your browsing history, cookies etc (everything) and then login.

Are you ticking the 'remember me box' when you log in?

I'm the same, I will log in in the morning, tick the remember me box and shut the tab after a few minutes browsing. The next few times I open the shortcut it will be OK but after a couple of hours I open the shortcut and I am not logged in.

Have cleared cashe etc before but this still happens, using IE8 - does that make a difference?

Areeet areeeet keep ya hair on, thanks for all your help..........

This has happened to me too, although oddly only if I use IE8 and checking the "remember me" box actually sorted it out for me.

I have just changed some of the cookie settings away from the default values and this seems to have made it stable for me whether or not I check the box and in all browsers, so let me know if you continue to have problems.

Some of you might now need to clear the cookies in your browser to make things work correctly again.

Yo Roger, I cleared the cookies on my PC yesterday but today the logging out problem has returned wtf's going on ? it never used to happen, I could close the computer before, start it up the next day and was still logged in, but now it logs me out every 5 or 10 minutes, I wondered if one of those black and white twats had managed to put something on here that did it..............

It's now a pain in my arse. Only tried IE8 via Win 7 which works most times but broke on Firefox 3.6.3 cross platform - Win 7, XP, Mac and Ubuntu Lucid. Cleared the cookie and green lighted adblock plus - no difference.

While you're reading this Rog any chance of losing my ® from the username - it's another of my PIA'ses logging in browsing on mobiles :evil:

Update: Clearing all the individual cookies connected to RTG seems to have done the trick this morning on Win 7 on the Macbook Pro and Ubuntu Lucid netbook running FF though it didn't yesterday - bizarre.

Logging in problems

Keeps logging me out after about 5 mins, so i have to write Username and password again, although I keep clicking the f***ing Remember Me button.

Literally every 5 minutes, and has been going on for months now.

Starting to get quite frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back