Problem on forum using mobile

Only seems to happen for me now on that robinson arrest thread. It makes it practically unreadable. Strange that.

It was happening to me on all forums. Chrome's built in ad blocker just didn't work. Shifted to Firefox with an ad blocker, which is working.

Before I changed to Firefox, the offending ad was the only one appearing. It normally changes between pages, but this one was determined!

Fuck sake. Open your browser settings, click extentions or addons, search for Ublock Origin, tap install. Done. No more popups ever. The only downside is that @Roger won't get paid for the ads you're blocking, but if it's that much of a problem for you, then blocking is the only option. Sorry Rog.

Tbh, you shouldn't be using the internet without an adblocker. You'll end up with viruses and 100's of tracking cookies.
You'll probably get a ticking off for this post but I found it very helpful.

Chrome browser doesn't support extensions for phones but cm browser has a built in ad blocker which sorts the problem right out.

Bit of a chew on but I don't want potentially harmful ads f***ing up my RTG experience and I can switch back to Chrome when it gets sorted.

I don't mind ads but the ones that take over your phone and make it start buzzing with a fake competition win are scarey. Keep thinking the Russians hacked my android

You'll probably get a ticking off for this post but I found it very helpful.

Chrome browser doesn't support extensions for phones but cm browser has a built in ad blocker which sorts the problem right out.

Bit of a chew on but I don't want potentially harmful ads f***ing up my RTG experience and I can switch back to Chrome when it gets sorted.
I've used Firefox for years on android, it supports addons. Chrome is just a Firefox ripoff.

I advise everyone to quit Chrome and dl Firefox.

It was happening to me on all forums. Chrome's built in ad blocker just didn't work. Shifted to Firefox with an ad blocker, which is working.

Before I changed to Firefox, the offending ad was the only one appearing. It normally changes between pages, but this one was determined!
This.

Fuck sake. Open your browser settings, click extentions or addons, search for Ublock Origin, tap install. Done. No more popups ever. The only downside is that @Roger won't get paid for the ads you're blocking, but if it's that much of a problem for you, then blocking is the only option. Sorry Rog.

Tbh, you shouldn't be using the internet without an adblocker. You'll end up with viruses and 100's of tracking cookies.

Obviously something I want to discourage, but I can't really blame people if the ad networks can't sort things out - I'd be doing the same!

At the risk of getting boring and repetitive, I am not seeing these on android mobile/chrome myself and I really do need the info requested on post 1 of this thread to track them down and ensure they are stopped.

Complaining without giving me that info doesn't help me to stop them.

Having loads of problems using the site on my phone last couple of days. After a couple of minutes it diverts to a spam type page; like a survey or a "great deal for samsung user" type page.

Anyone else having similar problems and any idea what I can do to fix?

I get the same. I was using chrome. I've switched to Samsung's own browser and installed an add blocker and touch wood it seems to have stopped them.

Obviously something I want to discourage, but I can't really blame people if the ad networks can't sort things out - I'd be doing the same!

At the risk of getting boring and repetitive, I am not seeing these on android mobile/chrome myself and I really do need the info requested on post 1 of this thread to track them down and ensure they are stopped.

Feel free to delete that post mate. I tagged you hoping for an immediate reply but see you were busy. I definitely don't want to be depriving the site of valuable ad revenue.

Apologies mate, it started happening for me last night and was terrible, then phone ran out of battery. Posted my last comment from laptop, and intended checking them links today but it's been fine.....so far

I've done the test three times and none of the test pages triggered the problem.

Indeed, any time I've had a problem, I've always gone through the test sites and have never been able to trigger the pop up with them.

Back