Prisoner Exonerated After 27 Years

Well it’s bound to isn’t it?

Yep. And he started it.
Actually, weren't there quite a large number of cases/convictions overturned in Britain just recently, because vital evidence was withheld by prosecution from Defence ?

And the defence lawyer in this USA case must have been pretty shit at his job. They would have known the defendant was given a GSR test. Did he/she not think it was odd that the prosecution didn't present the result to court ?

I'm reading loads of Bosch and Lincoln Lawyer stuff just now, so i'm right into this.

Yep. And he started it.
Actually, weren't there quite a large number of cases/convictions overturned in Britain just recently, because vital evidence was withheld by prosecution from Defence ?

And the defence lawyer in this USA case must have been pretty shit at his job. They would have known the defendant was given a GSR test. Did he/she not think it was odd that the prosecution didn't present the result to court ?

I'm reading loads of Bosch and Lincoln Lawyer stuff just now, so i'm right into this.
Imagine if TR is found innocent :lol:

Yep. And he started it.

Yes, both the Police and the CPS are hiding evidence that helps defendants under the disclosure rules, they are trying to blame gov cuts but it's corruption.

Sure I read about a women who fired a warning shot at intruders, it went through a wall and killed a neighbour, she was offered 18 months but refused because she didn't agree with what they wanted to charge her with, she went to court and was found guilty and sentenced to 20 years.

There are so many things wrong with a system which rewards people for accepting their fate and punishes people for having values and fighting their corner.
So true, pal.

US inmate's golf drawings lead to freedom

I mean seriously what the fuck....

A US convict whose talent for art caught the eye of a prison warden, ultimately leading to a review of his case, has been exonerated of murder.

Mr Dixon, 48, had maintained his innocence during 27 years behind bars for a shooting in Buffalo, New York.

Mr Dixon was handed a minimum 38-year-to-life sentence for killing 17-year-old Torriano Jackson one night in August 1991, after an argument over a girl.

He acknowledged being at the crime scene, but said he was at a nearby shop buying beer when the gunshots rang out.

Mr Dixon said multiple witnesses could have testified he did not fire the gun.

But his trial lawyer did not call any of them as several had been accused of perjury.

Unusually, the investigating homicide detective did not testify during the trial either.

But a more serious flaw in the case was uncovered by Georgetown University's Prisons and Justice Initiative.

Prosecutors had omitted to reveal to Mr Dixon's defence attorney that a gunpowder test on his client's clothes had come back negative.

Perhaps even more egregiously, another man, Lamarr Scott, admitted to local media only days after the murder that he shot Torriano Jackson.

One of the many reasons why I'm against the death penalty. The system can be absolute horse shit at times.... but Jesus.... another bloke admitted to the murder and they still prosecute you:rolleyes:
Seems to happen quite a lot in the states. I'd be shitting myself if I ever got pulled over there. Fuck knows what they'd charge you with. God forbid you run a red light the same night there's been a murder....

Back