Printer Help

xmfd

Winger
Absolute bane of my life printers :evil:

Got a HP 5030 All-in-one printer. Less than a year old, only printed like 100 pages.
Trying to print something in black and the text is cut in half:

Logon or register to see this image

Tried cleaning the cartridge, completely replacing the cartridge, uninstalling the software and reinstalling it, and still it's there. Colour works fine, but black is only printing half of lines, like randomly cut off horizontally. But I've put in a new cartridge. :cry: Why won't it just work?

Can anyone offer some advice before I throw it out the window?

Got a HP 5030 All-in-one printer. Less than a year old, only printed like 100 pages.

Tried cleaning the cartridge, completely replacing the cartridge, uninstalling the software and reinstalling it, and still it's there. Colour works fine, but black is only printing half of lines, like randomly cut off horizontally. But I've put in a new cartridge. :cry: Why won't it just work?

Looks like the jets might be partially blocked, the warm weather recently has played havoc with Printer inks

Try doing a factory restore of the printer (On the printer control panel display, from the Home screen, swipe left and select ( Setup ). Select Tools and then select Restore Factory Defaults) and updating its firmware (HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware | HP® Customer Support).

Not looking good then - you say you have tried a new print cartridge. Does the print problem occur when you ask for a configuration page to be printed directly by the device (that will eliminate the driver being at fault)?

It is quite a common issue with the all-in-one's by the looks of it - HP Envy 5540 printing partial lines - HP Support Forum - 6757918

Yeah the picture I included in the OP is a configuration page printed directly from the device.

Fuck.

Yeah the picture I included in the OP is a configuration page printed directly from the device.

Fuck.

Eeek - that seems to eliminate the driver, firmware and settings. It is sounding distinctly hardware :/

.. Where are you trying to print from. Had a similar issue when trying to print something form the net which was in pdf format. Had to set properties to 'print as image' to get it to print properly ..

Back