Prince Harry says no royal wants to be King or Queen

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBF what should he have said?

Would love to do it, just need my nana, da, brother, and his two kids to die.
Might have happened in ye olden days where it wasn't unusual for people to kill those blocking their way to the throne.
Funny you should mention it, as I stumbled across a fanciful song by Beans on Toast yesterday where Harry does just that when he borrows an Apache and blows up the hospital while Kate is giving birth. :lol:

Oh aye I forgot about this mythical concept of "true graft" that only some can ascend to

It doesn't exist

She won't cook, clean, iron, look after her kids, do a 12 hour shift then come home and tend to the family then repeat day after day. No money or typical work stresses, they have it so much easier.

She won't cook, clean, iron, look after her kids, do a 12 hour shift then come home and tend to the family then repeat day after day. No money or typical work stresses, they have it so much easier.

Above

Above

So by your logic then anyone who works 9-5 or doesn't have kids doesn't do "true graft"?

What gives you the right to assume a monopoly over what is and isn't "true graft"

I work in an office so I guess I can't ever work hard :(

So by your logic then anyone who works 9-5 or doesn't have kids doesn't do "true graft"?

What gives you the right to assume a monopoly over what is and isn't "true graft"

I was using one example. If I was to claim a monopoly I would say my grandma and grandad knew what true 'graft' was/is. Grandad worked down the pit all his working life and Grandma worked in a factory whilst raising my dad. I work in an office and wouldn't say it is graft, stressful at times but not graft.

She doesn't go to work day after day, they don't look after their kids, she won't cook, she won't clean, deal with the daily commute, deal with life's trivial hassles like GP appointments etc. etc.

Work for a number of the royals is attending a function which they are chauffeured to and from.

At least he went to war. William must be our bestest serviceman ever, seeing as he managed to gain a senior rank in the army, navy and RAF without actually going into a war zone.

No nepotism at all there squire, He must just be git talented!

And maybe a tad lucky...

I mean what was the odds of them picking his girlfriends back garden for a military exercise so he could practice some take off and landings while she fizzed at the bung? Must be at least a billion to one for the average recruit.

Oh and I bet they let every new pilot borrow a chopper to fly them and their mates to a stag night. Must happen every week.

People are so cynical....

Your skin wouldn't graft ;)

No nepotism at all there squire, He must just be git talented!

And maybe a tad lucky...

I mean what was the odds of them picking his girlfriends back garden for a military exercise so he could practice some take off and landings while she fizzed at the bung? Must be at least a billion to one for the average recruit.

Oh and I bet they let every new pilot borrow a chopper to fly them and their mates to a stag night. Must happen every week.

People are so cynical....

Your skin wouldn't graft ;)

They are his grannies aircraft after all.

Officers using aircraft may have happened occasionally in the past. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was using one example. If I was to claim a monopoly I would say my grandma and grandad knew what true 'graft' was/is. Grandad worked down the pit all his working life and Grandma worked in a factory whilst raising my dad. I work in an office and wouldn't say it is graft, stressful at times but not graft.

She doesn't go to work day after day, they don't look after their kids, she won't cook, she won't clean, deal with the daily commute, deal with life's trivial hassles like GP appointments etc. etc.

Work for a number of the royals is attending a function which they are chauffeured to and from.

She's 90 iirc mate. Do you know many 90 year olds who do as much work as she does? They do hundreds of public engagements a year. Patron of loads of charities.

Aye she won't live a normal life with the day to day you and I and many others have but to say she specifically doesn't work hard, which is I believe what you said, is wrong

You have a fair point about the extended royal family though absolutely

She's 90 iirc mate. Do you know many 90 year olds who do as much work as she does? They do hundreds of public engagements a year. Patron of loads of charities.

Aye she won't live a normal life with the day to day you and I and many others have but to say she specifically doesn't work hard, which is I believe what you said, is wrong

You have a fair point about the extended royal family though absolutely

I'm talking about her whole life in general. She has had it very very easy.

I'm talking about her whole life in general. She has had it very very easy.

That isn't the same as not working hard though

Plenty of hard workers have had very easy lives

I'm sure there are many hard working folk in the city who've had extremely privileged upbringings

That isn't the same as not working hard though

Plenty of hard workers have had very easy lives

I'm sure there are many hard working folk in the city who've had extremely privileged upbringings

not funded by the taxpayer though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back