Prince Harry says no royal wants to be King or Queen

Status
Not open for further replies.

I get the impression she doesn't want to give it up rather than 'having' to do it.
Disagree. I think that rightly or wrongly she's imbued with a sense of 'duty' to keep going as long as she's physically and mentally able. Also bearing in mind the comment about her son might be spot on, allied with a sense that she's not entirely happy with the direction the world and the monarchy are taking and feels a need to preserve as best she can what went before or else we'll throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Would any of you want to swap your life to be a member of our royal family though?

I certainly wouldn't. You wouldn't be able to get away with anything. Fuck having the best doctors if you aren't allowed to go out with your marras and get rat arsed if you feel like it. Or go for a cheeky nandos etc.

'Perks are decent' understatement of the year
Would you really want to live the life of a Prince though? I know I wouldn't regardless of the money, the exquisite cordon bleu food, the best wines, the girls, the fast cars, the long holidays in the most expensive summer resorts and the skiing trips to while away those boring winters? Not to mention not having to work for a living. Would you really want that?

Last edited:
I'd do it for a year or two at that rate.
Id do it for 3 months to pay for my house at that rate.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40363063
No-one in the Royal Family wants to be king or queen, Prince Harry has told a US magazine, but adds: "We will carry out our duties at the right time."

"Is there any one of the Royal Family who wants to be king or queen? I don't think so," he told Newsweek.

And he said the royals were doing it "for the greater good of the people".

Hmm. Not sure what I think about that. The article has generated the headline in the Daily Mail:
Harry: No Royal wants throne.
I wonder how that's going to be received at the Palace. And interestingly...he doesn't mention his father at all in the interview.
Ill take him on as an apprentice brick layer if he wants.

I know there's loads of anti royal sentiment on here, and in some cases not without good reason, and I can't be arsed to fire up that entire debate again but in partial defence of the queen she's still out there opening supermarkets and unveiling placques and giving speeches at 90 when most owld bewers if they're still alive would be sat with their feet up watching Corrie. Not a gig I would like knowing I could never retire although I do understand the perks are decent.

And Wimbers - don't forget Wimbers!

Its a strange perception people have that having money and trappings and being in the public eye playing a role will somehow make you happy. Would rather be a beach bum selling pineapples

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back