Prince Harry says no royal wants to be King or Queen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Son of Stan

Striker
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40363063
No-one in the Royal Family wants to be king or queen, Prince Harry has told a US magazine, but adds: "We will carry out our duties at the right time."

"Is there any one of the Royal Family who wants to be king or queen? I don't think so," he told Newsweek.

And he said the royals were doing it "for the greater good of the people".

Hmm. Not sure what I think about that. The article has generated the headline in the Daily Mail:
Harry: No Royal wants throne.
I wonder how that's going to be received at the Palace. And interestingly...he doesn't mention his father at all in the interview.

I know there's loads of anti royal sentiment on here, and in some cases not without good reason, and I can't be arsed to fire up that entire debate again but in partial defence of the queen she's still out there opening supermarkets and unveiling placques and giving speeches at 90 when most owld bewers if they're still alive would be sat with their feet up watching Corrie. Not a gig I would like knowing I could never retire although I do understand the perks are decent.

He went to the FA Cup Final and the Olympics bless him
And Wimbers - don't forget Wimbers!

I know there's loads of anti royal sentiment on here, and in some cases not without good reason, and I can't be arsed to fire up that entire debate again but in partial defence of the queen she's still out there opening supermarkets and unveiling placques and giving speeches at 90 when most owld bewers if they're still alive would be sat with their feet up watching Corrie. Not a gig I would like knowing I could never retire although I do understand the perks are decent.

Not really a fair comparison to your average pensioner when from birth you have an army of servants doing everything you require, nanny's raising your kids, no job and the best doctors money can buy.

'Perks are decent' understatement of the year

Not really a fair comparison to your average pensioner when from birth you have an army of servants doing everything you require, nanny's raising your kids, no job and the best doctors money can buy.
Aye but no matter how priveleged your life has been at 90 you'd think you'd earned the right to put your feet up. I don't mind the owld heffa mesel although I'm not too enamoured with most of them.

i am not sure he likes being prince, i have always thought he enjoyed being a soldier and officer a lot more, than he does being one of the royal family

Aye but no matter how priveleged your life has been at 90 you'd think you'd earned the right to put your feet up. I don't mind the owld heffa mesel although I'm not too enamoured with most of them.

She can step down whenever she wants to.

I get the impression she doesn't want to give it up rather than 'having' to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back