Primrose Valley, Filey

My memory of Primrose Valley......

At the age of 12 whilst on holiday at Primrose Valley I was airlifted by an RAF helicopter off cliffs near Bempton (nesting / egg hunting) got a proper good hiding anarl ....lesson I learned was to never put my hand into a birds nest again. A few years later the same hand was frequent the knickers of a different type of bird instead. Unfortunately nowadays i'm just a wanker :lol::lol:

We used to go to Wallis’s at Cayton Bay when we were kids

Still mates with a few of the kids we met there in 1979/80

Primrose Valley looked a bit past it’s sell by date the last time I went past and that was probably 2000/2001

Went to Filey as a bairn, remember the beach.
Check out The Bay at filey ,very good

Used to go to Butlins yonks ago as a kid at Filey and also took my own there. Cracking holiday for kids as was plenty to do no matter what the weather did. Decent coast as well but we wernt so bothered about that with a nice one at home. Lovely fish and chips there and a bit further along coast at Bridlington.
Life seemed so much easier then with simple pleasures in reach
The Bay is built on the same site,Brid is glum these days

I went 2 year ago with the family. I thought it would be awful but it was ok. There is a pool and club on site but we went to the pool early and didnt go to the club. I was suprised at how quite the site was on a night. Loads of gravey stained gypsy wannabes but they were not really around as we went out during the day... and then on the night they were at the clerb so the park was like a ghost town until 11. But still.no noise as they returned
Isn't odd that the really, really dim twats actually aspire to be gypsies ? I'ts not just those of the gravy persuasion though, it's thick bastards everywhere . Especially on Sherburn road ( Durham) , Bishop, and Darlo .

Last edited:
Went there a few years ago for one of those football tournaments with Redby FC.
We all ended up with the “two Bob bits” and had to leave a day early.
Wouldn’t recommend :oops:

Back