Price diffs on new stuff

JAZZMANB

Striker
Hi,looking at a Nikon d3400 for the sons first camera
Some sellers on ebay shifting loads at great prices but they appear non uk (ireland) 1 year seller warranty
Is i right in thinking uk supplied are 3 yr nikon warranty?

Not sure about the Nikon warranties as my stuff is all Canon, but yes they will almost certainly be grey imports so will have international warranty rather than Nikon UK (so probably shorter). Essentially the same camera though!

Take a look at HDEW prices (£275 for body at the moment) and see how they compare (theirs are imported but they have a physical presence and have been around a few years so should be reliable and do include a free 3 year warranty) and check out Camera Price Buster website for non-grey best prices.

I bought mine from https://www.portusdigital.com/. I believe they give the option of extended warranty and they do their repairs somewhere in Scotland (enquired before I purchased). Luckily never had any issues with mine and the delivery and service by Portus Digital was good.

I wouldn't worry too much about the what ifs about grey imports especially if the companies promise that repairs are done within the UK.

Back