Pressure on Parkinson is ridiculous

Its almost as ridiculous as how poor we are considering our wage bill, our attendances are etc. Or how ridiculous it is that we've replaced a dour, uninspiring, defensive manager with one who is even more dour, uninspiring and defensive

Says Sky Sports pundit Keith Andrews...

Easy to criticise when he is not paying to watch the rubbish being served up
blokes been here a month , of course its ridiculous. Modern day fans are like big kids .
Did ross have a playing style
Yep , it was ultra defensive, but I'd give my right nacker to see us play like that again.

Last edited:
"Andrews believes that the return of Charlie Wyke could prove to be the catalyst for an upturn in fortunes."

Righto :lol:

It's horrifying to think Wyke is who he is pinning his hopes on. Yes, he's a big lump, but I don't think he is the all-encompassing target man Parky needs for his "tactic" to work.

The only question that needs asking is has Parkinson improved our play in the past 11 games?

Another question is CAN he improve it given whatever money the club is prepared to throw at the January window. If it goes wrong we're saddled with whatever shite he's brought in suitable only for a hoofball style. I'm amazed Donald thinks that's a risk worth taking given how bad the performance and atmosphere was against Burton. I'd sack him now but giving him till January 1st is an option and if nowts improved (or even got worse) surely his position would be untenable. He can't be allowed to change the squad drastically if he's shown he can't motivate what he's got.

Read the piece you pasted -
I think it's ridiculous, I really do. I can understand the fans' frustration, they are watching it every week, but he's inherited his squad and, in my opinion, they are not as good as what they were
I agree with your views on the squad.
For the record, I have nothing against Phil Parkinson as an individual. I will even accept his managerial record is less tacky than some.
However, he believes hoofball is a good idea and for that reason I don't want him managing SAFC.
It's not his fault: he was a hoofball fan before we signed him up; we should never have signed him up.
I am also aware that in the time honoured tradition of 'the Sunderland way' he will
(a) be successful elsewhere
(b) probably manage a team one day that hoofballs SAFC off the park and consigns us to yet another embarrassing defeat.
I still don't want him to manage SAFC.

I agree with your views on the squad.
For the record, I have nothing against Phil Parkinson as an individual. I will even accept his managerial record is less tacky than some.
However, he believes hoofball is a good idea and for that reason I don't want him managing SAFC.
It's not his fault: he was a hoofball fan before we signed him up; we should never have signed him up.
I am also aware that in the time honoured tradition of 'the Sunderland way' he will
(a) be successful elsewhere
(b) probably manage a team one day that hoofballs SAFC off the park and consigns us to yet another embarrassing defeat.
I still don't want him to manage SAFC.
In out current league, and if we have a target man, I think the direct approach is preferable to wee Dylan going round and round in slow circles and then passing the ball back to the centre backs.

Some are not playing for him and have thrown the teddy out after Ross went .So therein lies the biggest problem ..some of the players .( mind it could be argued they didn't do that much better for Ross) I'm in no way defending his record here , you cannot ,but some of our players don't care about the shirt..For me he should drop those he has " lost" making it obvious who they are and play those who care about the club.

He’s right in so much that he’s inherited a steaming pile of shit of a squad to work with, same as all of our previous incumbents. Eventually we have to hang our hat on someone and let them build something.

I’m prepared to give Parkinson a couple of transfer windows and hit the start of 20/21 with some kind of cohesion and momentum. Shit that I’m writing this season off before Xmas but I don’t see anything in the current squad to suggest that any manager could do any different.

Then you are happy for us to stay in this league for many season or even get promotion to League 2... He's a dinosaur that needs peddling from this club ASAP. The thought of him signing players for SAFC fills me with dread.

Back