Pressure on Parkinson is ridiculous

He’s right in so much that he’s inherited a steaming pile of shit of a squad to work with, same as all of our previous incumbents. Eventually we have to hang our hat on someone and let them build something.

I’m prepared to give Parkinson a couple of transfer windows and hit the start of 20/21 with some kind of cohesion and momentum. Shit that I’m writing this season off before Xmas but I don’t see anything in the current squad to suggest that any manager could do any different.

Strongly disagree. The team isn't playing well, but look at them man for man and it's a team of internationals, players previously promoted from L1, high scorers in L1 and a couple of ex-EPL players (and that's not counting good performers like Hume and 09). It's a management/coaching issue. The team's at the top are managed to be better than the sum of their parts. We are worse, have been for years and especially now.

Give Parkinson a chance what a laugh give him this month and we will be in a relegation battle not promotion and he will drive the fans away in their thousands

Strongly disagree. The team isn't playing well, but look at them man for man and it's a team of internationals, players previously promoted from L1, high scorers in L1 and a couple of ex-EPL players (and that's not counting good performers like Hume and 09). It's a management/coaching issue. The team's at the top are managed to be better than the sum of their parts. We are worse, have been for years and especially now.

This. The squad, minus Cattermole and Oviedo could and should have finished in the automatic places and were red hot favourites with 5 games to go before capitulation.
5th place was deemed failure so let's not start saying they're just a mid table League One set of players (they are far from being good either but this league is definitely poorer than last year). They aren't, they're being completely mismanaged though.

This. The squad, minus Cattermole and Oviedo could and should have finished in the automatic places and were red hot favourites with 5 games to go before capitulation.
5th place was deemed failure so let's not start saying they're just a mid table League One set of players (they are far from being good either but this league is definitely poorer than last year). They aren't, they're being completely mismanaged though.
Doesn't help that a good portion of our squad seemingly can't be arsed. That's why we need to get rid as can't see Parkinson turning players attitudes round.

Doesn't help that a good portion of our squad seemingly can't be arsed. That's why we need to get rid as can't see Parkinson turning players attitudes round.
I think this is the issue, I’m sick seeing teams rock up that look bigger, fitter, faster and generally more up for it. That’s why I no longer subscribe to the opinion we’re punching below our weight. If Parkinson has any chance of succeeding he has to stop them thinking they’re all Billy Bigbollocks because they play for a club that’s twice as big as any other in that league.

Also feel he might get Grigg firing too. Arm round the shoulder and actually work out how to get the ball into him. His confidence is shot so he’s now snatching at the occasional good chance he gets. The rest of the time he’s watching balls being launched at him surrounded by giant defenders. Great tactics :lol:
Gonna get worse with this long ball into Wyke

"Appointed as successor to Jack Ross - who was sacked by the Wearside club on October 8 - Parkinson has won just two of his 11 games in charge in all competitions, with the last coming over a month ago when Luke O'Nien's goal saw them past strugglers Southend."

With a record like that how on earth could we be unhappy? After all, we are little old Sunderland. As if the bloke get paid to write that shite.

Last edited:
"Andrews believes that the return of Charlie Wyke could prove to be the catalyst for an upturn in fortunes."

Righto :lol:
When you have such a prolific goal scorer like our Charlie, what more do you want. Rising like a leaping salmon to get onto the end of those lovely hoof balls and the inevitable bullet header into the net!!!!

I f***ing wish:oops::oops::oops:. Reality-give him a week and he will be out crocked again.

He’s right in so much that he’s inherited a steaming pile of shit of a squad to work with, same as all of our previous incumbents. Eventually we have to hang our hat on someone and let them build something.

I’m prepared to give Parkinson a couple of transfer windows and hit the start of 20/21 with some kind of cohesion and momentum. Shit that I’m writing this season off before Xmas but I don’t see anything in the current squad to suggest that any manager could do any different.
Parkinson has a totally different playing style than Ross, which really doesn't suit the current squad. For me he'll have to bring in af least 6 players to stand a chance, and I can't see that happening in one transfer window..

Back