Pressure on Parkinson is ridiculous

He’s right in so much that he’s inherited a steaming pile of shit of a squad to work with, same as all of our previous incumbents. Eventually we have to hang our hat on someone and let them build something.

I’m prepared to give Parkinson a couple of transfer windows and hit the start of 20/21 with some kind of cohesion and momentum. Shit that I’m writing this season off before Xmas but I don’t see anything in the current squad to suggest that any manager could do any different.

While I agree that we have to put our trust in one man and let him rebuild, sadly Parky is not that man. 2 promotions in 15 years and as many relegations. Struggled with each team he has had in the Championship, not the man for a long term rebuild at all. Get someone in who at least tries to play football and then give him time. Any decent Manager can see a long punt to Grigg will never work. With Parky it is Plan A, plan A or if they both fail... use plan A. He has nothing else.

I was curious why we didnt go for Stendel, but I was listening to Talksport (I Know) driving home last night and apparently Stendel to Hearts is being held up because Barnsley are due compensation which is bizarre and I believe this is what put the owners off going for him paying the additional compensation coupled with his contract, makes sense now.

Says Sky Sports pundit Keith Andrews...

Easy to criticise when he is not paying to watch the rubbish being served up
If he's feeling too much pressure he shouldn't be at our club

Expectations are at an all time low, he should be relaxing

The pressure was on Ross because we weren't picking up enough points and if anything performances were getting worse, not improving.

Under Parkinson we're picking up considerably fewer points and playing even worse, we're expected to give the bloke a pat on the back?

If it was a case of some unlucky results and we could see a couple of new faces might make the difference it would be a different story. As it is he's getting less from the players than Ross did, which is a problem as it was never a job for him to come in and rebuild the squad. No manager would've been given that remit, we haven't got the money.

Pundits like Andrews won't have seen us play. He'll look at where the club is, he'll look at our history with chopping and changing managers, he'll look at a new man under pressure and then he'll join the dots. One thing he won't be looking at is our games.

Says Sky Sports pundit Keith Andrews...

Easy to criticise when he is not paying to watch the rubbish being served up

Now I do agree that Ross was on borrowed time...I gave him to the end of December to get a decent run of results...trigger pulled to early imho.

However Parky and his hoof ball tactics are blatantly not working...as we plummet down the table...we do not have the squad for a boot it down the field see what happens system..

Wtf was Donald thinking appointing this bloke did he not do any due diligence to see how he played!

He’s right in so much that he’s inherited a steaming pile of shit of a squad to work with, same as all of our previous incumbents. Eventually we have to hang our hat on someone and let them build something.

I’m prepared to give Parkinson a couple of transfer windows and hit the start of 20/21 with some kind of cohesion and momentum. Shit that I’m writing this season off before Xmas but I don’t see anything in the current squad to suggest that any manager could do any different.

Maybe try and work with the players we’ve got than show horning them into a system they clearly can’t play.

Hitting inaccurate long balls to Grigg when he’s surrounded by 3 defenders, or constantly having McGeady receive the ball in our own half.

We need to keep the ball on the deck, get it into Grigg or McNulty’s feet in and around the box. Get McGeady into dangerous positions, or if we are hitting a long ball then do it when Watmore has space to run.

His tactics with the set of players at his disposal has been an absolute joke/disaster

Now I do agree that Ross was on borrowed time...I gave him to the end of December to get a decent run of results...trigger pulled to early imho.

However Parky and his hoof ball tactics are blatantly not working...as we plummet down the table...we do not have the squad for a boot it down the field see what happens system..

Wtf was Donald thinking appointing this bloke did he not do any due diligence to see how he played!
he was free

See this is one of the reasons I'd have someone like Phillips as manager, knows what the place is all about and what it takes. Does go in for all this too much pressure and expectations bollocks as an excuse for not performing. Be drumming it in to people that it's a privilege to play here and should relish it.
Heard him say whenever he's been interviewed lately, if you can't get up for playing here then you shouldn't be here in the first place. That's the kind of mentality I want here.

Last edited:
See this is one of the reasons I'd have someone like Phillips as manager, knows what the place is all about and what it takes. Does go in for all this too much pressure and expectations bollocks as an excuse for not performing. Be drumming it in to people that it's a privilege to play here and should relish it.

Also feel he might get Grigg firing too. Arm round the shoulder and actually work out how to get the ball into him. His confidence is shot so he’s now snatching at the occasional good chance he gets. The rest of the time he’s watching balls being launched at him surrounded by giant defenders. Great tactics :lol:

Back