Press conference today just announced

The paranoia and downright hysteria at the moment on this sub forum is frightening given how little we know. One press conference and a measure or two reintroduced and you'd think the army are due to patrol the streets tomorrow the way some posters are going on
Just the start though isn't it? I expect more restrictions within a few weeks

Just the start though isn't it? I expect more restrictions within a few weeks

It's a funny one, cos previously the government were late to lock up & early to open up. Now all of a sudden they're being reactionary in reintroducing a couple of things despite hospitalisations & deaths still on a downward trajectory, on the back of everyone panicing over a potentialy more transmissible new variant that's being suggested is actually weaker with regards to causing illness.

People wandering around without masks who would possibly be screwed if they caught it. Beats me. But there we go, nevermind. Damage is done now and it’ll be almost impossible to turn this “HMS Pop a mask on please?” Ship around now like.

What happens if you have already bought LFTs for return travel? What a ••••ing mess.
Very rarely i have a rant on here but this news tonight has pissed me right off. We have people rocking up on the beaches of dover with fuck all never mind passport and proof of negative test or a test booked. However if it turns out that i may be denied entry to my own country unless I pay for a PCR test when I've already paid for lateral flows. But who knows whats going to happen. The other thing i think is a complete pisstake airlines effectively acting as bouncers to decide who is and is not allowed into the uk. Airlines should not be making these decisions, if I've paid for a flight back to the uk then the airline should take me. What the fuck are border force being paid for ? Surely its their job to sort this ?

Very rarely i have a rant on here but this news tonight has pissed me right off. We have people rocking up on the beaches of dover with fuck all never mind passport and proof of negative test or a test booked. However if it turns out that i may be denied entry to my own country unless I pay for a PCR test when I've already paid for lateral flows. But who knows whats going to happen. The other thing i think is a complete pisstake airlines effectively acting as bouncers to decide who is and is not allowed into the uk. Airlines should not be making these decisions, if I've paid for a flight back to the uk then the airline should take me. What the fuck are border force being paid for ? Surely its their job to sort this ?
The airlines do as the govt tells them, they get directives. If you don’t comply with the rules you don’t fly, simples.

I'm saying I expect more, limit on guests, no stadium attendance etc.
We’ll never get what is required from this govt.
Can’t follow advice thats given.

Last edited:
It's a funny one, cos previously the government were late to lock up & early to open up. Now all of a sudden they're being reactionary in reintroducing a couple of things despite hospitalisations & deaths still on a downward trajectory, on the back of everyone panicing over a potentialy more transmissible new variant that's being suggested is actually weaker with regards to causing illness.
My thought was he beggered up his Peppa Pig speech
and is looking to grab some brownie points, I did notice how he tried not to say mandatory use of masks on busses and in shops
and only when the Journalist asked him to clarify did he say it was, the man is a buffoon and the Lady from sage said we should never have stopped them from being an option.
I'm saying I expect more, limit on guests, no stadium attendance etc.
Stadiums won't get shut but we might need to wear a mask.

Last edited:
Not sure anyone has mentioned a lockdown, personally can't see that happening ever again. Is a mask a big deal to you?, it's fuck all compared to what we have been through.

Places all over europe have been going back into lockdown so yes it's been mentioned.

I'm not sure how masks would stop a lockdown if there waa going to be one. They didn't last time.

You have had covid right?, i wasn't referring to europe, i meant here personally. If a mask stops the spread by say 5% even though it's more, surely it's worth doing.

Back