President Jimmy Carter. Still a class act.

He did.
I was there at Washington when he visited.
It was May 1977 - we were 1st Year apprentices at the Sunderland Engineering Training Centre on Hartburn Industrial Estate - and we got time off to go and watch him at the Old Hall/ Village.

I was but a pup when Carter visited but remember it well.

SETA was my first taste of manufacturing in 1983 but I haven't worked in the sector since 2001

I'd go back tomorrow if I could find somebody who would pay me anything but washers!

Opened his own shopping centre ower Doxy anarl.
Yep, I priced a job using tulipwood last month.
Half way between pine and a hard wood in that it doesn’t twist or warp to the extent that pine does. Supposed to smell of tulips when freshly cut, dunno if that means in a saw mill or on site because I can’t smell it.

Last edited:
Opened his own shopping centre ower Doxy anarl.

Half way between pine and a hard wood in that it doesn’t twist or warp to the extent that pine does. Supposed to smell of tulips when freshly cut, dunno if that means in a saw mill or on site because I can’t smell it.
Aye, was a kitchen island unit that I priced. Frame made of that with duraply carcasses. Got a couple of big jobsto start soon using a load of accoya, everywhere seems to be pushing that atm, machinists love it.

He visited Savacentre. My Mam took me to see him but I was only a toddler so I can't remember.

Reports saying he's at end of live care. Don't know much about his presidency. Was he considered a good one?

Like you I don't know a lot about his presidency but seen a few documentaries about the Iranian hostage crisis which seem to suggest that situation pretty much sunk any chance he had of winning re-election.

He visited Savacentre. My Mam took me to see him but I was only a toddler so I can't remember.
Did he? I was at the village to see him, sitting on the graveyard wall next to the old blacksmiths toilets(the forge's kitchen now).I was only two, but all i can remember was all of the cameras going off. The flashes were so bright, it was blinding. One of my first memories

Did he? I was at the village to see him, sitting on the graveyard wall next to the old blacksmiths toilets(the forge's kitchen now).I was only two, but all i can remember was all of the cameras going off. The flashes were so bright, it was blinding. One of my first memories

I'm sure my Mam said we saw him at the Galleries. I'll check that with her next time I speak to her.

Logon or register to see this image

A good altruistic president, apparently had solar panels installed on the White House roof because he was concerned about the environment. Reagan had them removed when he took over
Building affordable housing into his 90's
I think the Iranian hostage business & refusing to let the US compete in Olympics probably did for his second term.
Instead the US elected another fraud & conman

Back