Premium Bonds

just read an article about premium bonds and that they are reducing how much you need to pay.
I need to start saving properly in the new year, what are people’s thoughts on these? With the interest rates so low I’m unsure what to do with some coin.

I used to have some up until about five years ago, no interest but your money is safe and you have the chance of winning a prize each month, I won a few small amounts but nothing major, the more you have the bigger your chance of winning (obviously) I only had a four figure amount with them.

But in 10 years time , 50k of premium bonds are just worth 50k aren't they? So they reduce each year in real terms with inflation
I suppose the hope is that you win more than the depreciation. Me dads still got a load, but it's pretty much an old mans thing having them nowadays I guess and was a quick way of saving and not have the instant option of getting the money back in the day with a chance of winning the jackpot

I suppose the hope is that you win more than the depreciation. Me dads still got a load, but it's pretty much an old mans thing having them nowadays I guess and was a quick way of saving and not have the instant option of getting the money back in the day with a chance of winning the jackpot
Me mam is 91 - highlight of her month is checking the results with the app on her I pad

Your money will always be protected, you'll earn no interest but you'll be entering a big lottery for free every month. Last year I won £100 on £20k invested. Not great but it keeps me interested (just).

Premium Bonds

just read an article about premium bonds and that they are reducing how much you need to pay.
I need to start saving properly in the new year, what are people’s thoughts on these? With the interest rates so low I’m unsure what to do with some coin.

How much have you got initially & how much you planning to save each month & timescales etc?

Theres better options to get decent rates, but it does require a bit of effort & organisation.

Back