Premium Bondd

Kent_Mackem

Striker
Gutted! Just got an email from NS&I to tell me they’re phasing our sending cheques through the post.

I don’t have much in there so I don’t receive many but every so often it’s nice to get a cheque for 25 notes. I put the money I need to pay in income tax in there until the tax is due to be paid.

With everything else like water and electricity now being online, that odd cheque was about the only thing that ever came through my letterbox as post. Proper Billy No Mates 😕

Gutted! Just got an email from NS&I to tell me they’re phasing our sending cheques through the post.

I don’t have much in there so I don’t receive many but every so often it’s nice to get a cheque for 25 notes. I put the money I need to pay in income tax in there until the tax is due to be paid.

With everything else like water and electricity now being online, that odd cheque was about the only thing that ever came through my letterbox as post. Proper Billy No Mates 😕
Didn’t you vote to remain ?
I’ll send something through the post mate...😏
Changed my winnings to bacs as was sick of having to go to bank or scanning the cheques via iPhone into online banking

Last edited:
Didn’t you vote to remain ?
I’ll send something through the post mate...😏
Changed my winnings to bacs as was sick of having to go to bank or scanning the cheques via iPhone into online banking
I didn’t know you could do that with cheques. I’ve been travelling into the nearest town, paying into a Nationwide account and then transferring online to my own Halifax account. Feck!

My Grandad bought me some when I was born. Still got them entered in the draw but have never won a penny. Wonder if I'm the unluckiest player ever!

Anything other than the max in and you will be open to chance.
I’ve loaded the max for kids and us and without fail win around £300 to £400 a month.
About 2% tax free
I am using them as somewhere ‘safe’ to park some cash.

I didn’t win anything for about 2 years then won £25 in consecutive months, I am sure that it’s fixed.

I didn’t know you could do that with cheques. I’ve been travelling into the nearest town, paying into a Nationwide account and then transferring online to my own Halifax account. Feck!

I used to enjoy the occasional cheque from them through the post, till my next door neighbour brought 3 letters addressed, but had been delivered to him. 2 of them were £50 cheques from Ernie. From that point on we just had them re-invested into our existing total, or paid straight into my bank account.

OP could try using the app. Bit of excitement at the start of each month, checking if you've won.

Get about 7 or 8 £25 cheques a year , I’ve had one for £50 a few years ago.

There was an interesting article in the ST a few years ago about the woman who’s job it was to inform folk personally that they’ve won £ 1m , probably the least stressful job on the planet.

They are a solid investment. I've had them for years and I've always met or beat what I would've got in a savings account. Best savings account now is what 2% so it's worth the gamble.

Nothing better than waking up on draw day with that feeling that this is your month only to check the app and find out you've won fuck all again

My Grandad bought me some when I was born. Still got them entered in the draw but have never won a penny. Wonder if I'm the unluckiest player ever!
Between me and the two bairns we've got about £5,000 invested and we've had £625 in the last 12 months (1 x £500 and 5 x £25). Apparently that puts me as one of the luckiest players as only 0.179% of people who have £5,000 invested have won more (according to the money supermarket odds calculator).

Request a catalogue for old people's stuff. Get loads of post for years after.

Back