Premier League clubs asked to cough up £250,000 each for departing Richard Scudamore

The premier league, under no obligation to do so, gives £100m a year to grass roots.
He's the CEO of a multi billion pound organisation, getting well paid goes with the territory.
It just smacks of bitterness and jealousy when people are annoyed he might be given a nice golden handshake when it doesn't affect them at all
OK, I’m bitter and jealous, doesn’t make me wrong or this whip round right

A tiny sliver of the total. Football has been stolen from the very fans who made it what it is. Now we watch foreign managers coaching teams full of foreign players, who dream of playing in a non-domestic super league.
Well said marra

My first reaction was disgrace. But he has done an absolutely phenomenal job for premier league clubs during this time by way of the tv deals and subsequent increase in revenue. When put into context of the persimmons boss and his 75m bonus it isn’t extreme. And all 20 clubs seem up for it.

But with an average yearly salary of £2.5m a year does he really need it? Of course not. Would be much better off going into grass roots or helping ex players or youngsters who don’t make it get on in life or something

As the cat is now out of the bag (good!), he will be shown to be (more of) a twat if he takes it; therefore having no option other than to donate it to some worthy cause.
Some good may come of it after all?

I don't think it will happen. It's catching a fair bit of bad press today, and it seems that not all the clubs are particularly happy about the idea.

I can’t inagine you’d be over the moon if you were wolves or Cardiff like. It’s just a really crass idea. I bet Brice Buck can’t imagine what the fuss is about which tells its own story. Also highlights the fact that supporters’ hard earned season ticket money amounts to little more than petty cash for premier league clubs in 2018

Back