Premier League clubs asked to cough up £250,000 each for departing Richard Scudamore

So many people cannot afford to go to matches these days..He will have had been rewarded with a good salary for his work.
Yet one of his " mates" decides every prem club should give him a quarter of a million quid each to enjoy....and you think its ok?...hope he donates it all to charity

Do I think its ok? Yes, not a problem with it at all. Doesn't affect me, and in an organisation which is geared towards making money, he's made a lot for his employers.

Do I think ticket prices should be lower? Yes. Absolutely. But that's down to the clubs to set the prices, it is nothing to do with Scudamore receiving a pay off. They're not linked at all.

peoples lives? see Zero Hour Contracts and underfunded/privatisation of NHS, prisons and Emergency Services for a start.

All pertinent issues, ones which I feel strongly on, which aren't linked to Scudamore's possible pay off.
The law needs to change in regards to zero hours contracts, the possibility to use them is there so employers do so. Legislation needs to change in order to have them scrapped.

All pertinent issues, ones which I feel strongly on, which aren't linked to Scudamore's possible pay off.
The law needs to change in regards to zero hours contracts, the possibility to use them is there so employers do so. Legislation needs to change in order to have them scrapped.

agreed, however i wasn't necessarily replying to the thread subject admittedly. i was responding to your quote about greed destroying 'what?'

Do I think its ok? Yes, not a problem with it at all. Doesn't affect me, and in an organisation which is geared towards making money, he's made a lot for his employers.

Do I think ticket prices should be lower? Yes. Absolutely. But that's down to the clubs to set the prices, it is nothing to do with Scudamore receiving a pay off. They're not linked at all.
Do the Premier League not think paying a bloke 900,000 quid a year( 2 million last year with add ons is enough?)..to give him an extra 5 million seems like greed to me .They should hoy the 5 Million towards clubs lower down and keeping the pitches that are going at an alarming rate.If they are not careful one day the common person in the street may just turn round and say stuff em..why should we pay for their huge salaries?

Do the Premier League not think paying a bloke 900,000 quid a year( 2 million last year with add ons is enough?)..to give him an extra 5 million seems like greed to me .They should hoy the 5 Million towards clubs lower down and keeping the pitches that are going at an alarming rate.If they are not careful one day the common person in the street may just turn round and say stuff em..why should we pay for their huge salaries?

The premier league, under no obligation to do so, gives £100m a year to grass roots.
He's the CEO of a multi billion pound organisation, getting well paid goes with the territory.
It just smacks of bitterness and jealousy when people are annoyed he might be given a nice golden handshake when it doesn't affect them at all

The premier league, under no obligation to do so, gives £100m a year to grass roots.
He's the CEO of a multi billion pound organisation, getting well paid goes with the territory.
It just smacks of bitterness and jealousy when people are annoyed he might be given a nice golden handshake when it doesn't affect them at all
Considering it generates 5.3 billion pounds a year, that is hardly generous.

Considering it generates 5.3 billion pounds a year, that is hardly generous.

It's based on a percentage of the television deal only.
Parschute payments to the clubs that are due to get them, a solidarity payment to the rest of the football league clubs and then around £100m to grass roots.
It could be more, but it could also be less. It's being done voluntarily.

Exactly..."getting well paid goes with the territory as you say".Thats the same as any job..you know what you get when you sign on the dotted line.hes been well paid..My question is why do these people need " golden handshakes" ..I know the Premier League only need to look after themselves..but they are the fat cats at the table...sharing a few morsals to those on the bottom wouldnt go amiss if they have all this floating cash.
We will have to agree to disagree..i for one dont miss the Prem one bit.

Exactly..."getting well paid goes with the territory as you say".Thats the same as any job..you know what you get when you sign on the dotted line.hes been well paid..My question is why do these people need " golden handshakes" ..I know the Premier League only need to look after themselves..but they are the fat cats at the table...sharing a few morsals to those on the bottom wouldnt go amiss if they have all this floating cash.
We will have to agree to disagree..i for one dont miss the Prem one bit.

In 17/18, the premier league paid £243 million to 8 teams due parachute payments, the other 64 football league teams, and to grass roots football. Quarter of a billion is some big crumbs off the table

In 17/18, the premier league paid £243 million to 8 teams due parachute payments, the other 64 football league teams, and to grass roots football. Quarter of a billion is some big crumbs off the table
A tiny sliver of the total. Football has been stolen from the very fans who made it what it is. Now we watch foreign managers coaching teams full of foreign players, who dream of playing in a non-domestic super league.

A tiny sliver of the total. Football has been stolen from the very fans who made it what it is. Now we watch foreign managers coaching teams full of foreign players, who dream of playing in a non-domestic super league.

It has changed a lot since the money came along, but if people didn't like it they wouldn't attend or watch on tv. Watching and attending is not compulsory.

Working in the yards years ago and we had a whip round for one of the lads who dies on his way to work on his motorbike

One miserable get didn’t put in.

But.....it turns out he didn’t die he was on holiday.......anyway with the whip round he took us all out on the drink and the bloke who never put it was told not to turn up!

Back