Prednisone

Anyone had any experience of dodgy side effects after taking them for just a week?

What are you suffering from? I’ve had them prescribed a few times and always feel invincible by the end of the course. But they’re steroids so will promote weight gain
Loss of one of your senses, usually taste.

So you probably won't feel any different.

Excellent.
What’s it prescribed for?

According to @Sneech , wearing Stone Island gear

Last edited:
What’s it prescribed for?

Its a steroid (not gym type) and is used in inflammatory conditions like asthma, arthritis etc

Usually the main issue is long term use and you can get high blood pressure, cataracts, immune issues, weight gain, thin bones.

It can also increase energy and I saw one bloke go psychotic on it after a few days of a really high dose - was running around the ward I was working on bollock naked screaming and needed pinning down by a few burly psychiatric nurses

A chest infection because I have asthma. It’s cleared it up great but I’ve felt stressed to fuck the last couple of days for no apparent reason and restless as fuck when usually I’m pretty chilled out believe it or not.

Steroids

How’s your concentration levels?
I had a course prescribed only last week (five days, five tablets a day) and I’ve been away with the fairies this week. Can’t keep my mind on the task which is unlike me.

Last edited:
How’s your concentration levels?
I had a course prescribed only last week (five days, five tablets a day) and I’ve been away with the fairies this week. Can’t keep my mind in the task which is unlike me.

Absolutely shit and any loud noise is doing my head in. I also only had a weeks course (6 x 5mg a day).
Its a steroid (not gym type) and is used in inflammatory conditions like asthma, arthritis etc

Usually the main issue is long term use and you can get high blood pressure, cataracts, immune issues, weight gain, thin bones.

It can also increase energy and I saw one bloke go psychotic on it after a few days of a really high dose - was running around the ward I was working on bollock naked screaming and needed pinning down by a few burly psychiatric nurses

Cheers mate :lol:

I've had prednisolone quite often. Am asthmatic and prone to chest infections, usually it takes two weeks of antibiotics and the tiny tablets to get me right. I am usually desperate for anything to help my breathing but don't think I have had any side effects, haven't felt amazing either like. GPs try not to prescribe them for very long. Hopefully you will feel better quickly but talk to your GP the next time and tell them how you felt this time

Recently went up to 40mg a day
Was like a 24hr disco in my head
Whittled down to 5mg now
Increase complete waste of time
Cheers sunlun hospital

Recently went up to 40mg a day
Was like a 24hr disco in my head
Whittled down to 5mg now
Increase complete waste of time
Cheers sunlun hospital

Well I’m presuming I’m feeling this way because of having these tablets. Like I say they cleared the problem up that they were meant to but I’ll never take them again.

I’ve just this week come off these after nearly two years and never had any side effects my ESR blood test results were in the high nineties when I was prescribed them this has now come down to single figure…..one thing they can cause is type 2 diabetes especially if you are pre diabetic before starting on them

Last edited:
Well I’m presuming I’m feeling this way because of having these tablets. Like I say they cleared the problem up that they were meant to but I’ll never take them again.
I've been in 5mg for 13 year as they forgot to wean me off it
Now reliant on it as I have no natural Adrenalin-now that I give a fck 😉

As a suppository for Colitis, I piled on the weight and got high blood pressure
restarting smoking cured the colitis and removed the need for suppositories, but smoking didn't help my blood pressure, I'm giving up the tabs now and dreading living on the bog.

Back