Pre-Theatre Restaurants - recommendation needed

Discussion in 'SMB' started by TAD, Sep 16, 2018.

1. TAD

TAD Full Back

My other half is going to the theatre on Saturday afternoon. They used to go to a local Italian restaurant just along the road but it has shut down. We not from Sunderland so does anyone know of any half decent restaurants for a cheapish lunch at around 1pm on Saturday quite local to the theatre. (Don't worry I'll be in the pub for drinks and then off o the match.)

2. Caer_Urfa

Caer_Urfa Striker

Kaspa's

3. 2 Church Lane for burgers or Mexico 70 for Mexican directly opposite the Empire. Engine Room in the Fire Station or The Peacock also do decent pub food.
    2 Church Lane
    Mexico 70
    Casa Italia cheap and cheerful Italian five minutes walk away.
    Italian Restaurants in Sunderland: Casa Italia

4. Mantobar

Mantobar Midfield

Pizza hut

Err

Cancel that

5. AndrewP

AndrewP Striker

They have a bistro in the theatre which is cheap enough

6. Something cheap and cheerful - it’s got to be Lucianos.

the dark one likes this.
  7. chriswallace85

chriswallace85 Striker

8. Henry_Hill

Henry_Hill Goalkeeper

Toscas

gillythedilf likes this.
  9. Charmless Man

Charmless Man Striker

Is Marcello’s any good these days? Not the closest I know but used to love it as a bairn and I haven’t been since I moved back up.

10. TAD

TAD Full Back

Thanks for your time everyone. She managed to get into Casa d Italia so that will do for them.....Meanwhile, I'll be in the Navy Club :)

11. Bishop Boy

Bishop Boy Winger

McDonald’s

12. South Hylton

South Hylton Central Defender

Taybarns

LOL

13. Mackem00

Mackem00 Striker

Think it's shut down mate. If it hasn't then I heard it was going to. Heard bad reports off people who have been not long back. It's in a good venue but always found it over priced for what it was.

To the op, Church lane do crackin burger and fries with a good selection of beers. Mexico 70 sounds mint but haven't been yet (both opposite the empire). Loads of places you can just walk in close by on a match day tho.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  14. Gideon Gungeon

Gideon Gungeon Striker

another shout for luciano mate.

TAD likes this.
  15. Charmless Man

Charmless Man Striker

Last time I was in would have been 2009-2010 roughly. Went in for lunch (or maybe a very early dinner) and thought it was very reasonable tbh.

16. Mackem00

Mackem00 Striker

Yeah, was probably happy hour prices. The a la carte menu was pretty pricey for nowt but reputation imo.

17. Charmless Man

Charmless Man Striker

Must have been that. I was a student at the time so especially stingey iirc.

18. Mackem00

Mackem00 Striker

It was fine for pizza and that tbf. Just know a few people who thought it was proper shit more recently in the night time.

19. Marty Moose

Marty Moose Striker

I'm sure casa italia do special deals if you have your theatre ticket